HellBoy II BluRay Disc - 7.1 or 5.1 Soundtrack

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have just purchased a new Pioneer BD 51 & SC-LX71 AV Amp - However after reading the review of this disc in What HIfi Jan 2009 edition - It gave it 5 stars for its audio output - DTS HD Master Audio 7.1 - However I can not manage to locate any 7.1 soundtrack on the disc and the disc when loaded only plays back in 5.1 - I have a 7.1 all set up in my system but am I missing something here very simple or is the soundtrack which it states on the inlay details at the back of the bluray disc just wrong and NOT 7.1 but a 5.1 soundtrack ??- Any help in accessing where this 7.1 soundtrack is would be greatly appreciated or does it not really exist - Kindest regards Paul

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
is it 5.1 dts master audio or just standed dts

i dont have that disc but i have strugeld with some soundtracks on bluray,some are set to default and some are in the set up or audio options on the disc.

A

Anonymous

Hi

Did you have to set the audio options to 7.1 from the menu from the disc or did your equipment just pick up the 7.1 soundtrack - Only 5.1 lights up on my amp so I have bought the disc Dark City on Blu Ray which is a 7.1 audio and this worked as 7.1 on my amp ?? Strange that you get 7.1 and I can only get 5.1 ?? Any suggestions - Thanks :)

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
pjoxford:

Hi

Did you have to set the audio options to 7.1 from the menu from the disc or did your equipment just pick up the 7.1 soundtrack - Only 5.1 lights up on my amp so I have bought the disc Dark City on Blu Ray which is a 7.1 audio and this worked as 7.1 on my amp ?? Strange that you get 7.1 and I can only get 5.1 ?? Any suggestions - Thanks :)

I've just checked mine, it's defo a DTS-HD MA 7.1, i popped it in to my Sony350 and it picked it out manually, running through Onkyo 606..

I also checked Oldboy and The Bank Job, both 7.1 and no problems there with either, may be some setting in your Receiver

A

Anonymous

Hi

I have my Pioneer BD51 Blu Ray player connected to my Pioneer 71 Amp via a Chord 1.3a Silver HDMI cable straight into the BD HDMI input on the amp and then a Chord HDMI lead from the output of the Amp straight into the Pioneer Plasma - I am wonderng if the 7.1 DTS HD Master Audio is the problem as the Dark City 7.1 soundtrack works ok but when checked the audio output on the menu of the BluRay its only stating 5.1 ?? Very strange indeed - Any ideas or suggestions - Kind regards Paul

A

Anonymous

Hi

Did you manage to access the audio set up from the disc itself or did your player just automatically pick up the 7.1 DTS MA soundtrack ? Thanks - Paul :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts