Hegel H190

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Anyone heard the new Hegel H190? How does it compare to other premium integrated amps like Marantz PM11S3, Yamaha AS2100 or Denon PMA2500NE? Does Hegel support gapless playback for DLNA streaming?

I am intrested in this new amp to combine with my new B&W 705 S2.

jjbomber

ErwinC said:
Anyone heard the new Hegel H190? How does it compare to other premium integrated amps like Marantz PM11S3, Yamaha AS2100 or Denon PMA2500NE? Does Hegel support gapless playback for DLNA streaming?

Musicraft are Hegel stockists. Rick will be along shortly to answer that one.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
ErwinC said:

Yes it does gapless
I've not heard it but I can assure you it's better than the h160 as it has a more robust power supply. Has a better dac also
I'd go for one if I wanted an integrated amp.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
ErwinC said:

Yes it does gapless I've not heard it but I can assure you it's better than the h160 as it has a more robust power supply. Has a better dac also I'd go for one if I wanted an integrated amp.

Thanks for the feedback.

I currently own a Marantz PM14S1 SE which i really like. But i need a good dac too and want to limit the number of components. That is why i think about a good stereo amp with a good dac included.

Do you think the H190 will be an upgrade for the Marantz PM14?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
ErwinC said:
Andrewjvt said:
ErwinC said:

Yes it does gapless I've not heard it but I can assure you it's better than the h160 as it has a more robust power supply. Has a better dac also I'd go for one if I wanted an integrated amp.

Thanks for the feedback.

I currently own a Marantz PM14S1 SE which i really like. But i need a good dac too and want to limit the number of components. That is why i think about a good stereo amp with a good dac included.

Do you think the H190 will be an upgrade for the Marantz PM14?

Impossible to say but I can confirm Hegel amps are very clean sounding. Lots of details due to the quiet noise floor etc. Bass control should be a little different also.
Depends on your taste
Also they seem lightning quick from loud to soft - something I noticed by accident.

I personally would prefer a stand alone dac as then the amp is always current.

I would also wait a few months incase the Hegel h390 shows up after you have just brought the h190.

If we're in your shoes I'd buy the Hegel power amp and then add a good stand alone dac/pre but then goes against what you are looking for so not much help.

Btw have a look on musicrafts website last time I looked he had massive discounts on Hegel in the special offer section on h160.
I would rather go for the h190 though for certain reasons but I bet he would give you the same discount on the h190.
Or you could could deal with igloo audio and they will price match and deliver for you.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
If we're in your shoes I'd buy the Hegel power amp and then add a good stand alone dac/pre but then goes against what you are looking for so not much help.

That is perhaps the best solution. I can buy an NAD M51 dac/pre for a good price and i like the sound of the M51 a lot.

Combined witn a good power amp this probably gives the best result. What power amp could be a good match (in the 2000 - 2500 price range)? Hegel power amps are too expensive for me.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
ErwinC said:
Andrewjvt said:

That is perhaps the best solution. I can buy an NAD M51 dac/pre for a good price and i like the sound of the M51 a lot.

Combined witn a good power amp this probably gives the best result. What power amp could be a good match (in the 2000 - 2500  price range)? Hegel power amps are too expensive for me.

I'd look 2nd hand for sure and even nad m series or silver can be had for bargain prices
On eBay etc save loads of cash.
Not heard Nord class d but they also get good reviews.

Pity this was not 6 months earlier. Was a Hegel H20 few months old for only £1500.

I'll check eBay now

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts