Headshell choice for Nagaoka MP-200? OEM or Technics?

PilotAce

Feb 18, 2020
Visit site
I'm wanting to plunge into the world of vinyl, and was looking to pickup a Technics 1210 turntable, and a Nagaoka MP200 cartridge. Should I get the OEM pre-mounted headshell with it, or save $100 and use the Technics headshell? What's the advantage of the OEM Nagaoka pre-mounted headshell over the Technics headshell?

D

Deleted member 108165

Set-up basically, no mounting and very little adjustment required regarding alignment. Nag carts can be tricky as the body isn't threaded and the mounting fasteners are very small. If you are adept at aligning and dialling in cartridges and have the necessary tools to do it then get the Technics headshell and mount it yourself, if not then get the mounted version for plug and play.

Nagaoka make excellent cartridges, but I am biased as I own both the MP300 and MP500 :)

Set-up basically, no mounting and very little adjustment required regarding alignment. Nag carts can be tricky as the body isn't threaded and the mounting fasteners are very small. If you are adept at aligning and dialling in cartridges and have the necessary tools to do it then get the Technics headshell and mount it yourself, if not then get the mounted version for plug and play.

Nagaoka make excellent cartridges, but I am biased as I own both the MP300 and MP500 :)
Seconded. If new to turntable set-up save yourself some aggregation an get the mounted version.
A very fine cartridge choice by the way.

Reactions: PilotAce

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts