Headphones to turntable?

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi folks [;)]

So I like to watch the serie House, and I have noticed that when Dr. House listens to his turntable, he sometimes uses headphones.

Can you do that too with Rega turntables, as I am very much considering buying one?

He is using a Sota turntable btw, and when not using his headphones, he uses his Infinity Cascade Model Nine speakers [:p]

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
You can listen to any source through headphones, provided you have a suitable pre-amp/headphone amp in the loop, Greg doesn't have his headphones plugged directly into the turntable...

idc

I have never heard of a dedicated headphone amp that can take a turntable direct as the turntable needs additional amplification (phono card or phono stage). So either he has an integrated amp with a phono card and a headphone output (likely as he also has speakers) or tucked away somewhere is a phono stage connected to a headphone amp and a separate amp for the speakers.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
idc:I have never heard of a dedicated headphone amp that can take a turntable direct as the turntable needs additional amplification (phono card or phono stage). So either he has an integrated amp with a phono card and a headphone output (likely as he also has speakers) or tucked away somewhere is a phono stage connected to a headphone amp and a separate amp for the speakers.

There is one exception to this - the Clearaudio Nano phono stage with headphone amplifier. In all of their wisdom, Clearaudio created the Nano in two version - the first a phono stage only and the second a phono stage with headphone amplifier included. It's a very small unit but sound quality is very good. This is worth considering. Other options, although more expensive, include going for a Graham Slee Novo headphone amplifier with separate Graham Slee phono stage connected inbetween.

idc

I knew I was tempting fate and there would be one
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts