Help adding headphones to my turntable setup

dgloftis

Apr 27, 2021
Visit site
Brand new to the forums and total noob when it comes to equipment. I want to add my Sennheiser HD600’s into my turntable setup and have found myself a little confused as to the best path. Here is my current setup.

Rega P1—>Cambridge Audio Alva Solo Phono Preamp—>Audioengine HD 6’s
... also connected to HD 6’s via optical cable is an LG CX television.

This is nice because when not listening to vinyl HD 6’s automatically select optical input from TV and vice versa. If possible, I’d like to be able to still use HD 6’s for TV while simultaneously listening to vinyl using headphones.

I was originally looking at the Schiit Magni 3+ for the HD600 headphones. To avoid needing to unplug the headphones to switch between the Magni and powered speakers I thought about the Schiit SYS, however I have realized that product is designed for two inputs and one output and I would be using it for one input and two outputs. Then I thought ditch the SYS and just use the Magni by plugging/unplugging headphones as I go. The one thing I’m not thrilled about with that is having two volume knobs and a high/lo gain switch to contend with when using the powered speakers. Is there a simple way to get around this and not sacrifice much in the way of sound quality and/or cost? Product links would be awesome if you have them. Thanks so much.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts