Headphone output is not loud enough, how can I work out which devices cause this?

afcchris

Jan 14, 2022
Visit site
Hi all

I use an iPhone and a Fiio M11 for most of my audio listening. I have a number of true wireless headphones. All of them go to a decent volume when playing music on the phone, but some of them don't output very high on the Fiio player and I need to turn the volume up on the Fiio to hear it well. All Android settings for Bluetooth listening are turned on.

Assuming it's the Fiio causing the problem can you tell me what would cause this? I am wondering if I should be looking for some particular thing when buying either devices or the headphones themselves. Appreciate any help.

Cheers
Chris

afcchris

Jan 14, 2022
Visit site
Are you using EQ on the Fiio? Most EQ will reduce the overall level if you boost some of the frequencies to avoid clipping. If the maximum sound level is satisfactory I would not worry. 🙂
I am using EQ yes and i know what you mean but it doesnt help a lot. Treble boosts the volume higher but then there is too much treble. I am just talking about the fact that 50-75% volume on the Fiio is fine on some headphones but when i use other headphones (Cambridge Audio Melomania and Sennheiser True Wireless 2) the outputted volume is so low that i need to increase the Fiio up to 90-100% to hear anything. probably my hearing isn't so good at my age but all these headphones are fine when using with the phone. That's why i assume its the Fiio with the issue

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts