HDTRACKS.com

Tone1981

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I've seen a few people on the forums saying about using hdtracks.com, but when I looked it says it is U.S only. Is there a work around?

A

Anonymous

Yes I believe there is

You have 2 options to pay, by debit/credit card or by Paypal.

Debit card doesn't work as it identifies your country of origin as outside the US, Paypal does work as it doesn't identify where you are from. Whether its technically legal is another matter but thats the work around

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
|( |( Well I wish I could get this to work for me......

I registered yesterday and was told I had a free download.....made sure I had Java a you have to have the download manager however evrything I try and download the free file it keeps telling me that Internet Explorer wont open the page as there are Security Certificate Errors. IE9 then stops working and closes!!!

I have opened up HD Tracks in Safari and Firefox but it always attempts to download the JLNP file in IE9...... |( |(

I have tried everything and it just wont download the download manager!!!! there are a few albums I want to buy off their and ths is really knocking my confidence in them.

Do I need to complete all my personal details to get it to work...if so how do you get round it only being for American addresses and also where do you choose Paypal as the payment option as I can only see a debit / credit card field????

Someone help me please...the computer is about to end up thrown through a window!!!! >)

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I have just started looking (As just picked up a SQ Touch) so will try this out.

I wondered about some of these, as there are quite a few discs that are ones previously available on DVD Audio, such as Metallica, Doobie Brothers, Eric Clapton/BB King, Yes, Alice Cooper, Eagles etc.

Are these conversions / copies of these discs in 2 channel?

IE are these the same as the DVD Audio discs available as downloads and does anyone know if these are any good/legit?

These are rather hard to come by in DVD Audio format!!!!

Cheers

Ambrose

DavieCee

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Jason36 said:
Do I need to complete all my personal details to get it to work...if so how do you get round it only being for American addresses and also where do you choose Paypal as the payment option as I can only see a debit / credit card field????

Someone help me please...the computer is about to end up thrown through a window!!!! >)

I can't help with the IE problem as I only use Safari and I believe that everything would have went smoothly had I registered ;) .

Also, I wouldn't know how much info you have to enter when registering but I don't imagine putting in any dubious or false info ;) .

Where I can help though is about where to choose Paypal. When you go to the basket there is a red arrow to "Place Order". Check out with Paypal is below that. At least that's how it may work if you were based in the USA :shhh:

I heard the same about US ony, and believe I recall someone posting about using an aol.com email account (presumably the only benefit of having one?!).

Can anybody explain why the restriction, as I can't fathom it? Something to do with import VAT, maybe?

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
DavieCee said:
Jason36 said:

I can't help with the IE problem as I only use Safari and I believe that everything would have went smoothly had I registered ;) .

Also, I wouldn't know how much info you have to enter when registering but I don't imagine putting in any dubious or false info ;) .

Where I can help though is about where to choose Paypal. When you go to the basket there is a red arrow to "Place Order". Check out with Paypal is below that. At least that's how it may work if you were based in the USA :shhh:

Cheers DavieCee,

After nearly five hours of playing around I managed to sort it out, turns out the Java Download Manager didnt have a file association attached on my PC, so basically it wouldnt open JNLP files. Now sorted and the Download Manager is working. Also worked out you dont actually need to complete any details on the account page and when you go to the checkout basket there is an option to pay via Paypal, therefore bypassing the problem of not living in the USA.

I have downloaded 5 albums today at 24 bit-96Khz quality (took nearly 5 hours to download all 5) and they are now imported into Media Monkey.

Initial impressions are good and they definately sound better (or maybe that's just me :grin:) using my Sennheiser IE6 headphones. I have also just ordered a Nuforce Icon uDAC2 (DAC and HP), so will be interesting to see what improvement I get.....benefit is that the NuForce will transfer up to 24 bit 96Khz via USB :) :)

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Ambrose said:
Hi,

I have just started looking (As just picked up a SQ Touch) so will try this out.

I wondered about some of these, as there are quite a few discs that are ones previously available on DVD Audio, such as Metallica, Doobie Brothers, Eric Clapton/BB King, Yes, Alice Cooper, Eagles etc.

Are these conversions / copies of these discs in 2 channel?

IE are these the same as the DVD Audio discs available as downloads and does anyone know if these are any good/legit?

These are rather hard to come by in DVD Audio format!!!!

Cheers

Ambrose

Hi Ambrose,

I have recently downloaded a couple of Clapton and the Metallica Albums from HD Tracks.....these are 96KHz - 24 bit downloads and they are in stereo and sound really good...straight from my Asus Laptop Headphone out using Sennheiser IE6. I am waiting for delivery of my new Nuforce uDAC2 and expect them to sound even better when this is attached via USB as it converts up to 96/24.

I would say you would be pleased with the results via your SB Touch as this also works at the higher conversion rates. Personally I would say YES they are good / Legit.

Jason

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Jason,

I think I agree they are legit but reading some forums have suggested the Metallica black album has been converted from 5.1 into 2 channel to slightly odd effect.

Just makes me a little nervous...

Would be interesting to compare something like the Eagles or Deep Purple download against my DVD Audio / SACD disc... but would be a waste of good money :-(.

I'll report back when I get organised with my new SQ Touch toy! Am starting to warm to them. Just needs some tweaking and a nicer DAC I think........ :)

Cheers

Ambrose

nlanks

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to re open old thread but seemed relevant...

I have just tried to purchase an album from hdtracks.com, but have been told its not available in my territory yet. This is just after I press the little red Add button. Not even had a chance to put any details in yet - I have a hotmail.com address and PayPal, so thought I'd be ok. Has something changed?

noogle

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes, HD Tracks have been enforcing location for a while. Haven't got round to using a US proxy yet but assume that would work.

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
They are enforcing locale based upon IP address. As said earlier, a proxy site should get around this (it certainly worked when they first implemented it).

nlanks

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok thanks, have heard of proxy servers but wouldn't know where to start with that. Is there an idiots guide somewhere or should I just stay out if it?!

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
It can be as simple as Googling "USA Proxy Server", going to the site & connecting to HD Tracks. But you should consider security & preferably get a recommendation from someone you trust. Also bear in mind that you will be entering Paypal account details through the site so if you do it, I'd suggest setting up a separate Paypal account & only transferring funds to it from your regular account when making a purchase. Probably a good idea to change the Paypal password after each visit as well...

atticus

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
bigboss said:
atticus said:
Or just get a PayPal account.

Nope, still won't work. Your IP address reveals which country you're from. Changing payment method doesn't change anything in this front.

With respect, bigboss, it works for me and I have bought over 20 albums from HD Tracks using PayPal.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
The problem is only evident on certain albums. The ones that are on labels that allow you to buy from abroad work fine with paypal, but there are others that dont allow you to buy unless from the US, and my understanding is that these purchases no longer work even with Paypal (although this workaround used to work fine for all purchases form HD tracks).

This is not first hand experience, as I have never purchased from HD tracks, but is based on reading lots of posts on the subject on this and other forums.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
atticus said:
bigboss said:
atticus said:
Or just get a PayPal account.

Nope, still won't work. Your IP address reveals which country you're from. Changing payment method doesn't change anything in this front.

With respect, bigboss, it works for me and I have bought over 20 albums from HD Tracks using PayPal.

I have a PayPal accnt and a .com email, just tried to buy Melody Gardot's The Absence and the following message appeared:"This title is not yet available for download from HDtracks in your territory due to current contract restrictions. We are working hard to soon be able to offer this title and many others in pristine high resolution quality. Please continue to check back for further updates. We apologize for any inconvenience. We look forward to having your business."

I have PayPal and a .com email; I've just logged into my HDt accnt to buy Melody Gardot's The Absence and the following message appeared:

"This title is not yet available for download from HDtracks in your territory due to current contract restrictions. We are working hard to soon be able to offer this title and many others in pristine high resolution quality. Please continue to check back for further updates. We apologize for any inconvenience. We look forward to having your business."

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts