HDMI V Scart

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I have an HD ready tv connected to a Humax non HD recorder via a scart lead.

Is there any benefit to replacing the Scart lead with an HDMI lead, bearing in mind I will be replacing the Humax pvr with a HD version later and I have always thought the scart lead itself is a bloody awful design.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

If an HDMI connection is available on both the TV and Humax, I'd use the HDMI connection.

If you can borrow a cable from a friend or buy one on a return if no difference agreement from a friendly shop, you can compare before committing.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, good advice, I think I will get one of those QED £25 jobs should do the trick............

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Or if you spend from just £22.75, you can get both the Award-winning Wireworld Chroma 6 cable and a subscription to What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision, so you can read up on your forthcoming upgrades

:)

Simply click on this link and type in promotional code M0411P to reveal this special offer.

Clare Newsome said:
Or if you spend from just £22.75, you can get both the Award-winning Wireworld Chroma 6 cable and a subscription to What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision, so you can read up on your forthcoming upgrades

:)

Simply click on this link and type in promotional code M0411P to reveal this special offer.

Trading is not allowed on this forum
smiley-wink.gif
:

11. The site must not be used to solicit business of any kind – this includes any information in signatures and biographies, and specifically prohibits trade users from linking within forum posts to their websites, special offers, etc.. Neither shall trade members use the forums to encourage members to contact them for special offers or advantageous pricing.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm also wondering why the price of a 12 month subscription is more than double the cost of a 6 month subsciption? Not by much, though it seems a little counterintuitive.

Not that either deal, once the cost of the cable is factored in, seems anything less than reasonable.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
strapped for cash said:
I'm also wondering why the price of a 12 month subscription is more than double the cost of a 6 month subsciption? Not by much, though it seems a little counterintuitive.

Tell my local Tesco that. I wanted two tubs of salad today. 88p each or "2 for £2.00". I had to ask the checkout person to check through the second tub as a seperate sale to avoid paying 24p extra.

It's madness I tells 'ee.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Indeed!

It's always prudent to be attentive, though many of us simply don't have time, or feel too embarrassed to quibble over a mere 24 pence. In the example you cite, it's the principle, rather than the relatively small amount of change at stake.

I had a similar (albeit considerably more consequential) experience when remortgaging in recent weeks. They'll get you any way they can...

Of course none of these comments relate to the price structure of magazine subscriptions, even if I don't understand them!

A

Anonymous

£22.50 cable, for testing SD picture? on a SD box?.....are you crazy? Just goto Poundland, they have them for erm....£1.

If you feel the need to upgrade at a later date its always nice to have a spare, cheap HDMI cable lying round.

TRENDING THREADS