hdmi lead for hd standard tv,amp and hd-dvd player?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi after getting my playstation up and running i am expecting my toshiba ep-35 hd player next few days. i am using qed hdmi-p lead for playstation mypioneer 436xde isnt 1080p and will be upgrading my pioneer non hdmi to the onkyo sr605 in summer. the toshiba has 1.3a hdmi connection will a 1.3a hdmi cable get a better picture than a hdmi-p lead considering my plasma is only standard hd spec,

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
The standard QED HDMI-P lead will be fine for now with your current plasma as it's an excellent cable for picture transfer. The main advantage of HDMI 1.3a is that it can carry the new high-definition audio formats such as Dolby Digital TrueHD and DTS HD.

So, if you do upgrade to the Onkyo SR605 receiver next summer, then it will be worth upgrading to HDMI 1.3a if you want to transfer high-definition audio from HD DVD discs to the receiver, so the receiver can do the decoding (rather than the player doing it).

To find out more, you can read all about HDMI 1.3a here.

A

Anonymous

andy, thanks for the advice i will read up about info on hdmi 1.3a

A

Anonymous

your hdmi-p cable will be fine. In-fact any hdmi cable would be fine, a hdmi cable you bought over a year ago would be fine, any hdmi cable will be suitable to transmit 1.3a information.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="clown"]
hi after getting my playstation up and running i am expecting my toshiba ep-35 hd player next few days. i am using qed hdmi-p lead for playstation mypioneer 436xde isnt 1080p and will be upgrading my pioneer non hdmi to the onkyo sr605 in summer. the toshiba has 1.3a hdmi connection will a 1.3a hdmi cable get a better picture than a hdmi-p lead considering my plasma is only standard hd spec,
[/quote]
Hi,clown
When your Toshiba arrives can you please find out, if you can notice any differences between the two's PS3's and Toshiba's Dvd performance please and don't forget to let me know.
ps:Remember just the dvd quality and not hd.
Thanks bye.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the advice seems like companys are bringing out leads you dont even need after looking at small print on cable box it did indeed say 1.3 compatable.

A

Anonymous

will let you know about dvd performance differences tomorrow if any,

A

Anonymous

hi, found that the toshiba has the better sound than ps3 with standard dvd using hdmi leads though there is nothing wrong about ps3 sound toshiba is more dynamic better surround stage.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="clown"]
hi, found that the toshiba has the better sound than ps3 with standard dvd using hdmi leads though there is nothing wrong about ps3 sound toshiba is more dynamic better surround stage.
[/quote]
Thanks Clown,I was actually on about the dvd picture quality(not hd or sound)
Can you check again please?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts