HDMI, HDMI or HDMI, optic?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Whats the advantage of connecting your consoles to your amplifier/receiver through HDMI and then with another HDMI cable to your TV as opposed to connect the consoles directly to the tv and then with optic cables to the amplifier/receiver? My tv is a 40" Samsung UE40C8705 LED 3D TV and my consoles are ps3, xbox360 and Wii. I am currently trying to find a surround sound solution that will utilize all of the various machines capabilities. Any help much appreciated.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Well the PS3 will be better as HDMI is the only connection you can use to pass HD Audio (assuming your amp has the capability)

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
You can't get HD through either optical or co-ax digital connections.

If you're not dealing with HD, then the only advantage would be convenience. Not needing to alter the input on the TV and the amp.

A

Anonymous

does a receiver need more than one HDMI out to pass the signales from my 3 consoles to my tv?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
No. 1 out to a TV is fine. You just need plenty of HDMI inputs to cover all your stuff.

My amp has 4 HDMI ins and 1 out. I'm using 3 HDMI cables. One from Blu-Ray to amp, one from BT Vision to amp, and finally one from the amp to the TV. I've got 2 spare HDMI inputs. Handy if/when I join the 21st century and get a PS3.

A

Anonymous

Big Chris:
No. 1 out to a TV is fine. You just need plenty of HDMI inputs to cover all your stuff.

My amp has 4 HDMI ins and 1 out. I'm using 3 HDMI cables. One from Blu-Ray to amp, one from BT Vision to amp, and finally one from the amp to the TV. I've got 2 spare HDMI inputs. Handy if/when I join the 21st century and get a PS3.

thanks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts