HDMI cable question & advice pls.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
im looking for a HDMI ver. 1.3 cable. any advice on the ideal (if not the best) HDMI cable can i connect my Sony upscaling 1080p DVD player with my Sony 42" Bravia 1080p LCD? heard of Ixos, QED, Logik, Sony. moi budget is £30-£50 max. help pls.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
See here for some information on HDMI 1.3 myths and facts - truth is that almost any properly designed cable will handle the requirements of 1.3 over short runs. QED Qunex HDMI-P will be more than adequate.

A

Anonymous

heard of the QEDs. being sold in Sony Centre shops i found out. but would it matter which make is the cable? coz i read the Sony ones have this "Bravia Theatre Sync". what's your take/opinion on this?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Bravia Theatre Synch is a function of the hardware, not the cable. It works with most new Sony receivers/systems/DVD players/recorders/Blu-ray machines and Bravia TVs to give one button operation: eg you press 'play' on the player and the receiver and TV select the correct inputs. It's Sony's version of the HDMI Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) system.

The brand of cable you use is irrelevant in this functionality.

A

Anonymous

i see. but today ive just got myself a QED Qunex HDMI-P for my brand-new Sony DVP-NS78 1080p DVD player and straight away ive noticed the diferrence compared to my old "standard" HDMI cable. the picture is "near Blu Ray". clean & smooth. very limited jaggies. i had to choose between the Ixos and the QED and a person i asked (who's had experience with Hi-def TVs and cables, etc.) said QED has the edge and is a lot better.

TRENDING THREADS