HDMI 15m cables for Projector

Dennis Michos

Jun 24, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

I plan to buy a projector for Christmas but my budget is out for expensive HDMI long (15m) cables

I was thinking in the beginning of AudioQuest or QED but I need more than 200 GBP for 15m

Is anyone using some cheaper long (over 15m) HDMI cables (there are plenty in Amazon) with a projector and he is happy with the picture quality?

I don't want to spend 1500 GBP for a projector and the let down by a poor quality HDMI cable

Thanks,

Dennis

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello Dennis,

I agree, £200 for a 15m HDMI cable is much too much.

I may be miscounting, but I think that I have three 20m HDMI cables and two 15m HDMI cables between my various rooms connecting different bits of kit. The ones I use are from Lindy Electronics, this is the general website http://www.lindy.co.uk/ and specifically for the HDMI cables, this for 15m http://www.lindy.co.uk/search/15m-hdmi-cable and this for 20m http://www.lindy.co.uk/search/20m-hdmi-cable.

You will see that both the 15m and 20m listings throw up many choices. Do not spend more than you need to. I can speak with some authority on this because, some time ago, I bought, both from Lindy, expensive and cheaper 2m HDMI cables. If you look at the 15m selection, the equivalent ones would be the first two listed, the £159.88 Gold Standard one with Ethernet and the £55:98 Premium Standard one. In the 2m length, there was NO DIFFERENCE between the cheaper cable and the one that cost three or four times as much. In your case, unless you need the Ethernet link (and I certainly don't) then the cheaper Premium Standard ones will be absolutely fine. I can further confirm this because I can play a Blu-Ray disc in my parlour and, via HDMI splitters, send the duplicated signal to my three other rooms, down 15m or 20m long cables. There is no difference in picture quality due having gone 15m or 20m to the other rooms, and the one in the parlour which is going only 2m. So yes, you can buy the Premium Standard Lindy ones with confidence.

Maybe other people will make other suggestions, but £200 for 15m from Audioquest or QED is at least £140 too much.

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi Dennis

UK HDMI do a range of decent cables - I'm currently using a 14m cable for my Full HD projector. Just make sure you check the description.

15m is about £45 - depending on your needs for Audio return etc.

phc251212

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I use a NEET 15m 24AWG HDMI 3D 1080p cable (Amazon) and could not see the difference with an expensive 1m cable!

Customer support very good if you ring them for advice.

For longer runs they will advise re amplifiers / spiltters etc

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
THIS is what i use to feed my projector and i've found it to be a proper bargain. Well constructed,15m length and a great picture for less than £20!

Can't be bad :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts