HD channels on FreeSat?

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have freest that can tell me what is currently being broadcast in HD, was hoping C5 was on there but the freest web page does not list it, anyone confirm it.

Also what is the SD quality like on freesat I am sure Sky SD is deliberately poor so they can sell HD.

daveh75

pwiles1968 said:
Anyone have freest that can tell me what is currently being broadcast in HD, was hoping C5 was on there but the freest web page does not list it, anyone confirm it.

Currently, BBC HD, BBC1 HD, and ITV1 HD with C4 HD being added to the EPG this month (date yet to be confirmed, but is already broadcasting FTA so can currently be manually tuned/viewed in non-freesat mode) and NHK World HD will be added in may. 5 HD is hidden behind Skys paywall so isn't currently available on Freesat.

Also what is the SD quality like on freesat I am sure Sky SD is deliberately poor so they can sell HD.

Sky/Freesat receive the same broadcasts from the same satellites. However Freesat boxes tend to have slightly better SD PQ than Sky boxes, imo, mainly because they can output a native 576i signal, whereas Sky boxes will de-interlace the signal (which they're poor at)

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
daveh75 said:
Sky/Freesat receive the same broadcasts from the same satellites. However Freesat boxes tend to have slightly better SD PQ than Sky boxes, imo, mainly because they can output a native 576i signal, whereas Sky boxes will de-interlace the signal (which they're poor at)

Thank you for the detailed response.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts