Has someone got a link to the Panasonic 65-inch 4K OLED TV at TPS?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I can't seem to find it on their website? Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

Found it:

http://www.tps.uk.com/?tab_name=Panasonic&tab_id=52&choice_name=OLED_4K&choice_id=263&product_group_id=314&product_name=Panasonic_TX-65CZ952B_65-inch_4K_CURVED_3D_OLED_TV&product_id=2435&choice_type=1

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
Ouch!

Out of my price range then but are you tempted gel?
At about £4000-£5000 depending how good although according to all the reports its the one to have.

D

Deleted member 2457

Native_bon said:
I would never past £4000.00 for a tv set. Dnt think the performance to price ratio is justifiable.
It certainly is a lot to spend! Just worried the performance will be worse on the cheaper models. Probably should wait for them though, give it a couple of years and you should get a 65-inch for £3000.

D

Deleted member 2457

Native_bon said:
I would never past £4000.00 for a tv set. Dnt think the performance to price ratio is justifiable.
Are you on AVForums too?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Native_bon said:

I myself would, and provided I can get my some of my pension money by Christmas almost certainly will, but not for a 65" set, no matter how good it is. Size matters. I already have a Panasonic 65VT65 and have no intention of buying another the same size.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Native_bon said:
It certainly is a lot to spend! Just worried the performance will be worse on the cheaper models. Probably should wait for them though, give it a couple of years and you should get a 65-inch for £3000.

Which cheaper models have you in mind?

And expecting the 65" to go down to £3,000, from a starting price of £8,000, is either fantasy or very wishful thinking. No flagship or near-flagship television in recent times have ever dropped to less than half its initial price. The Panasonic 65VT65 started out in Mid- 2013 at £3,300 (I think) and I got the last one in Edinburgh for £2,069 in December 2014, which is still quite a bit more than half the initial price. If you can quote me another television, especially a headline-making one, that ever dropped to half the intial price I'll apologise, nicely!

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
Native_bon said:

I myself would, and provided I can get my some of my pension money by Christmas almost certainly will, but not for a 65" set, no matter how good it is. Size matters. I already have a Panasonic 65VT65 and have no intention of buying another the same size.
If I read correctly so you thinking of going bigger.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
You do indeed read correctly. Either the Samsung UE75JU7000, for example at Richer Sounds http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue75ju7000/sams-ue75ju7000 or the very new (it was first shown at IFA in Berlin earlier this month) Sony KD75X9105CBU, here at Sevenoaks http://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/p-15828-kd75x9105cbu.aspx. The Samsung is now £4K, the Sony's intitial price is £6K, but that may come down, as indeed has the Samsung, which was £500 more a few months ago. Which I get depends on whether the Sony is sufficiently better than the Samsung to justify the price increase. But, even the Sony is still two grand cheaper than the 65" Panasonic OLED.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Make sure you check the large TV's out before you buy

I saw a 75" Samsung and it was atrocious with the feed in the shop - all sorts of digital noise and artefacting going on when you got to about 7 - 8 feet away

How can someone in a shop expect you to pay £5k for something that looks that poor - it was a main hifi / av dealer as well

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
Native_bon said:

Which cheaper models have you in mind?

And expecting the 65" to go down to £3,000, from a starting price of £8,000, is either fantasy or very wishful thinking. No flagship or near-flagship television in recent times have ever dropped to less than half its initial price. The Panasonic 65VT65 started out in Mid- 2013 at £3,300 (I think) and I got the last one in Edinburgh for £2,069 in December 2014, which is still quite a bit more than half the initial price. If you can quote me another television, especially a headline-making one, that ever dropped to half the intial price I'll apologise, nicely!
My OLED started at £8000 and I bought it for £1800 with a free sound bar and subwoofer and tablet which I sold both of them for £260 bringing the price of the TV down to £1560! I expect a 65-inch to hold its value more though and 4K is coming with a premium price too.

The cheaper models I was thinking of was the 55-inch of the Panasonic and their second and third generation OLEDs if they get that far.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
You do indeed read correctly. Either the Samsung UE75JU7000, for example at Richer Sounds http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue75ju7000/sams-ue75ju7000 or the very new (it was first shown at IFA in Berlin earlier this month) Sony KD75X9105CBU, here at Sevenoaks http://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/p-15828-kd75x9105cbu.aspx. The Samsung is now £4K, the Sony's intitial price is £6K, but that may come down, as indeed has the Samsung, which was £500 more a few months ago. Which I get depends on whether the Sony is sufficiently better than the Samsung to justify the price increase. But, even the Sony is still two grand cheaper than the 65" Panasonic OLED.
WOW, a 75inch for 4k, for 4grand thats really good. I also think your choice makes more sense. Am currently using a sony tv set & like it, so expecting good things moving up to the more expensive ones. I will probably would get 65inch sony nxt year, dnt think I got enough space for a 75inch. Hopefully this time nxt year could pick one up for 3grand.

cheaper here: http://www.kagoo.co.uk/TVs-Monitors-Projectors/TVs/2824304/Samsung-UE75JU7000.html

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
If you can quote me another television, especially a headline-making one, that ever dropped to half the intial price I'll apologise, nicely!

gel said:
My OLED started at £8000 and I bought it for £1800 with a free sound bar and subwoofer and tablet which I sold both of them for £260 bringing the price of the TV down to £1560! I expect a 65-inch to hold its value more though and 4K is coming with a premium price too.

It seems that an apology is indeed due! Well done, gel! (Do you notice my selective quoting??)

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Make sure you check the large TV's out before you buy

I saw a 75" Samsung and it was atrocious with the feed in the shop - all sorts of digital noise and artefacting going on when you got to about 7 - 8 feet away

How can someone in a shop expect you to pay £5k for something that looks that poor - it was a main hifi / av dealer as well

I certainly will check the large TVs before I buy, and in fact I have a plan! I have both a small Blu-ray player, the Panasonic BD80 from about six years ago, and also a Humax Freeview HD recorder box on which I have both Standard Definition and High Definition recordings. When the time comes for me to compare televisions, I will take both my Blu-ray player and the Humax recorder box with me to the shops and connect them to the televisions. As you say, quite often the aerial feeds into shops is quite poor, so with taking my own devices I will be able to see how the televisions perform with broadcast SD, broadcast HD and Blu-ray. even if the shop has bad aerial feeds.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I apologise for diverting away from the new Panasonic 4K OLED, but in the Richer Sounds listing of the 75-inch Samsung that I mentioned earlier http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue75ju7000/sams-ue75ju7000 if you click on the (only) user review, (from Stephen48 age 45 to 54), it says "Wasn't sure if to buy the 65in or 75in. But now I have the 75in it was the right choice. I would say only buy this size TV if you were thinking of having a projector and it will only work in a home cinema room(Not living room ). Reason being it is huge and does throw out a lot of light that it dominants the room.
App's could be better but the picture is amazing right out the box.
Just needed to change the light level to natural as I think it comes set in shop mode which is far to bright! Vey pleased!"

I disagree slightly, in that when I get a 75" television it will not be going to a home cinema room but into a normal living room, measuring 18'2" by 14'3" by 10'6". He says he's glad he got the 75", not the 65". Nobody ever says "I wish I had bought a smaller television!"

And to divert further, I notice that the 65" Samsung UE65JS9500, here http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue65js9500/sams-ue65js9500 is now only £5K, a full grand less than it was about five months ago! At the time of its release it was considered to set a new standard for domestic televisions.

TRENDING THREADS