Has EB2 toppled ATC SCM11 in mid range budget. Speaker Advice for Roksan

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

products.jpg

About the same size as the ATC SCM19 (4th from right)..

Don't look too big now do they ?

jules.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Actually they look a little smaller (in the video) than I expected, and the finish looks twice as good as I expected. (Sadly EB's website does not do their superb looking finish justice.)

Given that they can be used quite close to a wall (I think that's right, correct me if not), they will be less imposing than many smaller designs that need a lot of space behind them.

I am thinking that a 50cm stand (Atacama?) would be more suitable than the normal 60cm stands.

Have EB any recommendation for makes of stands?

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
chebby, they are indeed the same size as my 19s, and on 60cm stands the tweeter is at ear height. i think i'd have to slouch a bit with 50cm stands, i'm 6'2" though so maybe different if you're shorter.

A

Anonymous

They are quite big stand mounts, bit bigger than the ATC SCM19 by 2 cm's. Was thinking the same would you need 50mm stands for something that big?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
JohnDuncan:chebby:they will be less imposing than many smaller designs that need a lot of space behind them

And only slightly less imposing than having a pair of Tom Parsonses in the sitting room.

Which do you think Mrs D would prefer?

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
chebby:

Actually they look a little smaller (in the video) than I expected, and the finish looks twice as good as I expected. (Sadly EB's website does not do their superb looking finish justice.)

Given that they can be used quite close to a wall (I think that's right, correct me if not), they will be less imposing than many smaller designs that need a lot of space behind them.

I am thinking that a 50cm stand (Atacama?) would be more suitable than the normal 60cm stands.

Have EB any recommendation for makes of stands?

Not really. I always liked Atacama's. If you want to mass load them, that's fine. I use our own stands.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

Exaggeration for comic effect, Richard! But we're looking forward to the EB5s...

0.jpg

Nah!!. You'll need a sideloader for EB5. Who said I wuz gonna do one anyway??

the_dude2

Aug 25, 2007
Visit site
Richard Allen:
JohnDuncan:Er, yes.

good job EB3's dun then. It's more to your taste.

not too fussed about those EB5's (i'm having trouble enough with my missions ;) ), but i'd sure like to know more about the EB3'S! :)

Zubkabera

Nov 15, 2007
Visit site
My original post was hijecked for some ?????? talk, I am still looking for any experiences of Roksan L3 Amp with EB2, I don't want to take the risk of ordering and returning as it would cost me 160 quids.

I have got just one shot at purchase and it will be for a ver y long time hence looking for a perfect speakers, due to limited option at my location I can't demo L3 with the likes of AVIs, DBi, SCM11 and EB, focus 110.

WHF are in best position to advice as they have tested all my short listed speakers but I guess too busy to answer, my dilemma is L3 is outdated and can't be tested at shop, I am also not sure if my short listed speakers are bit over the top for L3, and I should go for stuff like B&W 605, or MAs etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts