has AVR sound caught up with stereo amp ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Denon 2309 and play music from Blu Ray /DVD through Spendor A6 fronts via pre out and nait xs, flatcap 2x

It's not bad but if I upgrade the AVR to Arcam 5000 or Pioneer LX82/3 will I benefit stereo wise or will it only be noticeable on my centre, rear and subs ( B and W ) when part of a 5.1 system

I guess an upgraded blu ray - currently use the Pana 35bd- may also improve sound and definitely picture

Messiah

Hi,

I don't think a better receiver will offer the best route for improved stereo performance. I think you would benefit more from a dedicated player or a separate DAC.

How have you connected the BD player to the receiver? Is it just digitally??

A

Anonymous

sorry Messiah - should have said that I have a Naim CD5X so can't complain about that and a Beresford Caiman for DAC

so all stereo is well covered apart from the Blu ray - which is HDMI to the Denon , pre out to Nait XS

Messiah

I am a little confused.
emotion-43.gif

Is it the suround you are trying to improve upon then as it seems the stereo is very well covered.

A

Anonymous

YES surround but I am also after a better stereo when the source is the Blu Ray

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I think reading all this you're saying would maybe a sngle high end AV receiver upgrade provide both better stereo and surround sound than the current 2309 and Naim stereo combination?

I think you might struggle to improve the stereo sound, but it'd be worth demoing the amps and comparing.

Messiah

Magnum Opus:YES surround but I am also after a better stereo when the source is the Blu Ray

I would expect an improved AVR and BD player to give you a better performance but unfortunately I could not say how much better. As with any hifi 'upgrade' the best thing to do would be to demo and see if you hear enough of an improvement to justify it.

Not really the definitive answer you were looking for I'm sure.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts