Harold Moores Records

entrails

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I was gutted to find this week on a trip to London with an afternoon reserved for record shopping that Harold Moores Records was shut with an ominous sign in the window indicating this was for the forseeable future due to internal issues. The website is still up and not giving any details but I did later chat to someone at Ray's records who was aware that it had been shut for a few weeks and all the signs were it won't reopen.

Harold Moores was an institution and a mecca if you were into classical music. I will greatly miss the opportunity to delve through all the newly arrived 2nd hand lp's in the basement never sure what treasure I would find.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong and this isn't a further loss of an independent record shop.

Keep supporting your local record shops online record shopping is great especially for hard to find lps but there is no substitute for going through those racks finding a record you never knew existed that will become a treasured part of your collection.

entrails said:
I was gutted to find this week on a trip to London with an afternoon reserved for record shopping that Harold Moores Records was shut with an ominous sign in the window indicating this was for the forseeable future due to internal issues. The website is still up and not giving any details but I did later chat to someone at Ray's records who was aware that it had been shut for a few weeks and all the signs were it won't reopen.

Harold Moores was an institution and a mecca if you were into classical music. I will greatly miss the opportunity to delve through all the newly arrived 2nd hand lp's in the basement never sure what treasure I would find.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong and this isn't a further loss of an independent record shop.

Keep supporting your local record shops online record shopping is great especially for hard to find lps but there is no substitute for going through those racks finding a record you never knew existed that will become a treasured part of your collection.

Sad news indeed to see established dealers failing in these times of 'resurgance', just glad we have good stockists in Cardiff whenever I do manage to get into the capitol.

Happy_Listener

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Three possible reasons come to my mind.

1) Perhaps the rent in London became too expensive? 2) Even with this vinyl resurgence I figure most of these new millennial buyers aren't much into classical music. 3) The owners were in business for a long time, so perhaps it was just time to retire?

JohnNB

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Gutted to hear Harold Moores is closed. Fantastic dungeon of old vinyl to explore no more. I'll be even sader when it becomes another coffee shop or sandwich bar.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts