harbeth P3 ESR speakers..has anyone heard them?

kamanetzki

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm upgrading my Spendor LS35a's which I bought about 20 years ago. I wonder if anyone's heard the Harbeth P3 ESR mini monitors and if so, what's their opinion?

A

Anonymous

I have heard them over the weekend .... would love to get my youngest son a pair for his hifi setup .... very very good

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Where did you get to hear them Dim? (It has taken me weeks to arrange a demo and even that is 1.5 hours away by train.)

What did you think? (Mid-range, presence, voice etc?)

What amp was used?

A

Anonymous

Chebby, I have always been a fan of LS3/5a ... these are much better as they have really good bass (which has always been important to me)

I am not good with hifi terminology but can say in simple terms that they are crystal clear with excellent soundstage ...

Listened at my mate's house (went over for a BBQ) ... he has been raving about these for several weeks ... was connected to Naim nait amp and naim CDP with naim cabling

there were many people at the BBQ that I have never met, so never took any of my favourite cd's, and did not want to talk hifi ... but will be going there soon and will take my son's Pioneer A300R precision amp and a few cd's to have a proper 'listen' ... I am sure that these will be a good match with any decent amp/cdp

all I can say is that for such a small speaker, they are amazing

A

Anonymous

chebby:

dim_span:Listened at my mate's house (went over for a BBQ) ...

Eek! Please don't tell me these £1350 gems were sat on the patio and blasting out "The Best BBQ Music ever" whilst people used them as plate stands or stools!

no ... was in his 2nd lounge ... he is very carefull with his hifi kit .... not even his wife is allowed to use it and his children know that that area is a 'no go' zone
emotion-2.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
dim_span:...was connected to Naim nait amp and naim CDP with naim cabling....

... will take my son's Pioneer A300R precision amp and a few cd's to have a proper 'listen' ...
Haha, nice dig there
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

chebby:

dim_span:...was connected to Naim nait amp and naim CDP with naim cabling....

... will take my son's Pioneer A300R precision amp and a few cd's to have a proper 'listen' ...

Haha, nice dig there
emotion-1.gif

no dig ... just cannot afford a new amp and cdp aswell as the speakers ... can say it sounds really good with the Naim

TRENDING THREADS