GT50 motion blur

seashell

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
Had the Panasonic GT50 for around two years. It's been great but recently started to see motion blur. Can barely read any credits or fast rolling text on screen, just looks almost 3D. I bought it from John Lewis so decent guarantee, are there any grounds for taking it back to the retailer? It has become more prevalent in watching live sports as well.

D

Deleted member 2457

What settings have you got it on?

You can certainly complain to John Lewis, and see what they could do. They might try and fix a new screen in.

D

Deleted member 2457

seashell said:
THX Cinema, P-NR on auto, Intelligent Frame Creation off. Standard settings really.
Another member had this problem, he then put it on Normal factory settings and the motion improved, that's what I had mine on too.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
That motion blur was a horrible trate of those Panasonic TVs and you may not have picked up on it before. As it seems to be getting worse maybe this is who the pannels degrade. As gel said, someone else had the same issue. If it's under gaurantee maybe get your money back and get a new TV. I don't think the current TVs have this horrible motion blur. Some of the other guys on here who have new TVs will be able to tell you.

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to get rid of the problem but as gel says try resetting back to factory spec, then change individual setting to see which give you the best motion. Keeping all gimik setting off as you already are.

MrW

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine went this way after 11 months, and at month 13 JL finally caved in and refunded it, and I went for a Samsung 55F8000

At 2 years old, you are almost certainly going to have to go down the 'repair route' first, which will mean JL appointing a contractor to take the TV away to test it (don't forget to ask for a loan set, otherwise you won't get one)

From my experience, you'll get the no fault found response (unless, of course there is something wrong with it) and that's where the 'battle' begins.

For what it's worth, document everything (I used email exclusively) and persevere and see how it goes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts