Great deal on Denon 2311 - is sound quality better than 1911?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, just done a bit of research and it turns out the Denon 2311 is available for £400. Looking at the spec of the new 2011 models, there doesn't seem to be a lot of difference apart from networking and airplay. Opinions on sound quality please - will I see a significance in sound quality in the 2311 over the 1911 driving the MT 25 B&W package?

A

Anonymous

There is a big difference in stereo playback using the 2311 over the 1911, £400 is a good price for the 2311.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Agreed thats a bargain! About 5 months ago I went into a hifi shop, not any of the well known ones, and the guy wanted £800 for the 2311.

Puts it into perspective for you ;)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the comments - I've reserved the 2311 until Wednesday and will have a think about it between now and then. I don't need it to sound musically better than the 1911 as my Cyrus gear takes over that side of things and I don't believe anything Denon builds can knock it off it's perch. However, if the 2311 sounds better with movies than the 1911 then I'd be more convinced. I don't have the time to audition between now and Wednesday to compare the two and frankly stock would be sparse considering the imminent model changes. Anyone got an opinion purely based on the movies side of things?

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You are correct in what you have said. A dedicated amp like the Cyrus will always be better for music over the AV.

As for movies, the 2311 is detailed and superb, I heard them with MK speakers in a store called Pounds (£900 per speaker) they were handled beautifully by the AV and watching Dark Knight was a jaw dropping experience. so much so that I was ready to fork out for the receiver, but then i went and did more research and my budget grew.

For movies its going to get more out of your current setup and will certainly be better than what you have now. As said before at that price its a no brainer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts