Granite base for sub-woofer

DJEPSON

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I am having trouble with the sound from my PV1 going through the party wall to my neighbour and have been told this might resolve the problem as my sub is on laminate flooring and it should stop some the vibration, has enyone experience ?

Thanks

Damian

DJEPSON

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I have looked into those, but wanted something more discreet and smaller only around 10" square and I have been quoted £20 for a piece of granite that size

A

Anonymous

Looks like a piece of wood with legs.

I used a thick piece of styrafoam once and it worked great.

It was really solid though, got it from a delivery.

I am going to need something as got kids that go to bed early.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Yep, you need to de-couple the sub from the houses structure. Whilst the Profs suggestion is fantastic (wish I could afford one) why not *** to your local garden centre and get a slab of granite (600x600), marble or flat slate. Will have excatly the same effect.

A

Anonymous

a granite chopping board will also improve the sound of your sub no end..........

tj27

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
think i will try my sub on our granite chopping board tonight & have a listen
emotion-2.gif

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-11.gif
Tescos, kitchen dept, granite chopping board in a very smart gloss black. £9.99 each

Rubber pads underneath stops it sliding about, i have laminate over a concrete floor, transforms the bass from my sub and stops the neighbours bouncing up and down on there sofa.

Works on your speakers to, i have two underneath the dalis on atacama spike shoes, transforms bass, sound stage.

For the money you cant go wrong, a cheap recommended upgrade.

DJEPSON

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I have the PV1 which has a round base, so am getting a stonemason to cut me a piece to size and was going to get so that it was just big enough to accomodate the base without sticking out from the sides, is the size important ?

tj27

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
well I don't know how others have found it, but I tried our granite chopping board under my sub & YES! it did make a difference , it was a clearer, less 'boomy' sound, so i will be getting another chopping board! (it does actually match my decor & set-up!)

All i can say is try it folks
emotion-21.gif

b33k34

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
For downward facing subs on suspended floors it makes a big difference.

My chopping board sits on halved squash balls if you're looking for some tidy rubber for the corners (after some trial and error i'd recommend cutting then in half with a decent pair of scissors rather than a stanley knife or hacksaw). Overall effect is very smart.

I'm told mdf suspended on rubber carpet underlay works just as well but is difficult to make looks as smart.

A

Anonymous

professorhat:
This is worth a look.

I have a downward firing sub in a carpeted room. It is on spikes that go through the carpet onto concrete. Do you think this product or a granite slab would benifit my set up?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Sounds like your sub is well stabilised - I think you'd only need to look at the above if you're looking to cut down the amount of vibration passing through the floor / walls which might annoy neighbours.

TRENDING THREADS