Grand (or rather Small) Designs - Compact Speaker Recommendation

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Help please. We are looking to buy a Cinema Sound System. However, the satellite speakers need to be compact to avoid the room looking, as my wife would say, like a hi-fi shop.

So far I'm sold on an Onkyo TX-SR608 Amp, with B&W M-25 speaker system... but even these speakers are considered too big. We have listened to a Bose system and like the size, if not truly convinced by the sound.

I fully appreciate that smaller speakers will compromise sound but do you have any thoughts? My current thinking about buying 5 x Cambridge M10's satellite speakers and a Rel T5 sub though its been impossible to demo this combination.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
The B&W MT25 is too big!?!!? Blimey, you do want small don't you.

The Boston Acoustics Soundware package has speakers which are about 10cm cubed

Also, Mission's M-Cube system is about the same size.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
nmilt:
We havelistened to a Bose system and like the size, if not truly convinced by thesound.

I can back you up on this. I switched from a Bose Lifestyle system earlier this year. Night and day difference - for considerably less! I sold the 10 year old Bose and bought the AVR and had change left over.

A friend of mine bought the Q Acoustics and is very happy with them

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies.

It's difficult to compare the Cambridge Audio kit as it's only at Richer Sounds (I've no issue with the store, in fact my experience with them has been excellent). I read the review which commented on the 325's being a bit a bit bright. Has anyone had similar experiences?

Would the Cambridge kit be better than the Bose Accoustimas 6 or 10?

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
nmilt:
Would the Cambridge kit be better than the Bose Accoustimas 6 or 10?

Yes, although Bose marketing will tell you different. Plus you don't end up with a sub the size of a submarine

TRENDING THREADS