Graham Slee Gram Amp 2

JonB1001

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I have a rega brio r amp and am wondering whether its worth giving a dedicated phono amp a try. I've always been pretty pleased with the sound I'm getting, whether background whilst I'm working or knocking the granny out of it. Brio R is paired with RP3/Ortfofon Blue and neat motive speakers. Any views on whether introducing the new Graham Slee Gram Amp would be an improvement? I listen to a wide range of music - from old and new hip hop, prog rock, isaac hayes to husker du - so its not like I need it to display a certain bias toward bass or anything like that. Any views?

JonB1001 said:
I have a rega brio r amp and am wondering whether its worth giving a dedicated phono amp a try. I've always been pretty pleased with the sound I'm getting, whether background whilst I'm working or knocking the granny out of it. Brio R is paired with RP3/Ortfofon Blue and neat motive speakers. Any views on whether introducing the new Graham Slee Gram Amp would be an improvement? I listen to a wide range of music - from old and new hip hop, prog rock, isaac hayes to husker du - so its not like I need it to display a certain bias toward bass or anything like that. Any views?

It might, can you get one second hand? Wouldn't advise otherwise as the Rega has a pretty decent phono stage anyway and if looking for improvement always look to the source I.e. spend the money on a cartridge upgrade.

Others may have differing opinions but that's my half-peneth worth.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
JonB1001 said:

... join the Slee forum and take advantage of the no obligation loan scheme. Join the discussion while you're there and let us know what you think.

ifor said:
JonB1001 said:

... join the Slee forum and take advantage of the no obligation loan scheme. Join the discussion while you're there and let us know what you think.

That's a good plan.

TRENDING THREADS