admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just got my new Grado SR80i Headphones tonight + carry case , they are
amazing These are truly wonderful hearphones, they've got the bass
energy... ripping into heavy dance tracks

The Grado SR80's are special. Buy'em, and Love'em."
tongue.gif
only problem i am finding is the headphone cable twists alot which is a nightmare
emotion-6.gif

Might buy another pair
tongue.gif
miles better then
my Sennheiser HD 595

Has anybody else using these wonderful hearphones

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Glad you like them Shane. I use the SR125s (non 'i') which are one step up from the non 'i' 80s. Yep. Grado make some great cans.
emotion-21.gif

Don't forget if the cable isn't long enough, Grado do an extension cable.

I'd be interested to hear how the 'i' versions compare to the older versions. Your 80is may well kick my 125s into touch!

A

Anonymous

They are so much better then my HD 595 , I am now looking to buy a dac as all my music collection is now stored on my laptop , dont think i am getting the best out of my Grado SR80i , i guess i could mess around with the Graphic Equalizer

idc

I partly sort the cable problem by hanging mine upside down from the living room ceiling light for an hour. That helps to take the twist out of the cable. But ti is only temporary.

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
I compared Grado headphones with sennheisser hd595 ones - my preference was the sennheissers. Very smooth detailed with a very spacious soundstage. I listen to a lot of soft rock vocal groups - solo singers - classical guitar . So different horses for different courses i think.

tonky

Laceybloke

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
shanebarker:They are so much better then my HD 595 , I am now looking to buy a dac as all my music collection is now stored on my laptop , dont think i am getting the best out of my Grado SR80i

With regard to getting a DAC - just go for it!

Since getting my Firestone Audio Fubar IV it has given my SR80i's a whole new lease of life! Brilliant investment (and just got the matching Supplier power supply too).

The What Hi-Fi forum thread is here, and my reviews of the equipment are here (Fubar IV) and here (Supplier).

A

Anonymous

Hi Shanebarker - yeah i've been using them since my purchase in new york 3 years ago. Great headphone. Only quibble you might find is after a while they get a little uncomfortable on the ears. Otherwise they are an excellent pair of headphones. Enjoy...

A

Anonymous

If they are brand new, just wait until they've got a hundred hours or so on the clock!

A

Anonymous

I have the 325is, Grado's have an amazing sound - I'm not surprised you are so excited, when I got mine within the week my girlfriend banned me from talking about them or wearing them when she was about.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts