Grace - Jeff Buckley

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]

One of my favourite sets - spine-tingling stuff.

[/quote]

Densen and MS Preformance series should made any album sound - spine-tinglingly - good.
emotion-21.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Indeed. And my Roksan turntable is making Dusty in Memphis sound rather special at this precise moment
emotion-2.gif

But going back to Jeff Buckley: what makes Grace so special is that is has the ability to involve you whatever you hear it on - the opening bars of Hallelujah can cause goosebumps even when i'm listening on my iPod.

A

Anonymous

Agreed. Brilliant album - I can't believe I only discovered it / him a few months ago! Where've I been!?

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]And my Roksan turntable is making Dusty in Memphis sound rather special at this precise moment[/quote]

I just dusted down (ahem!) that very album this weekend. Apparently Shelby Lynne has just released a homage to Dusty and that album in particular. Not heard it yet but it could be interesting. (Insert new paragraph here) My vinyl playing has centered around Year Of The Cat, Modern Times & Russians and Americans recently. Are there any other Al Stewart devotees out there? Vocally, he's almost Neil Tennant's Dad and lyrically he's pop's best naval and military historian. Honestly, it's a great combo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts