Got told off @ Richer Sounds

Dom

Got told off for saying that's there's no difference between FLAC and AAC.

He said that I should audition at Richer Sounds and see, its night and day.

I think AAC sounds good, isn't that enough?

K

keeper of the quays

DomCheetham said:
Got told off for saying that's there's no difference between FLAC and AAC.

He said that I should audition at Richer Sounds and see, its night and day.

I think AAC sounds good, isn't that enough?  
I told off the guy in Tesco as I was trying to change my phone provider...he wasn't listening...it pays to listen.when mobile phones are involved!

D

Deleted member 2457

I got told off in Currys for saying all HDMI cables were the same!
regular_smile.gif
And get this I ended up buying some more HDMI cables. £70 for 3. They do seem to be okay but will be comparing soon.

Paul.

gel said:
I got told off in Currys for saying all HDMI cables were the same! And get this I ended up buying some more HDMI cables. £70 for 3. They do seem to be okay but will be comparing soon.

dont listen to them they are full of ****. They are target driven in cables, brackets, wall mounts and cover etc. You could work for them and sell a 5k OLED, but if it went out bare the manager would be pissed at you. Sell a 32" fully loaded and you are king for a day.

Thats why you can't trust currys, if they know you have 2k to spend they will down sell you on the tv so they have some budget left for the high margin extras.

K

keeper of the quays

gel said:
I got told off in Currys for saying all HDMI cables were the same!    And get this I ended up buying some more HDMI cables.  £70 for 3.  They do seem to be okay but will be comparing soon.  
you paid £70 for three hdmi cables! Blimey gel! You'll have the trevster wriggling in his newly straightened jacket! I'm going to visit later on...cloth in ears I think? To mute the histrionics...lol..dont worry I won't forget no tea in sugar...

D

Deleted member 2457

Paul. said:
gel said:
I got told off in Currys for saying all HDMI cables were the same! And get this I ended up buying some more HDMI cables. £70 for 3. They do seem to be okay but will be comparing soon.

dont listen to them they are full of ****. They are target driven in cables, brackets, wall mounts and cover etc. You could work for them and sell a 5k OLED, but if it went out bare the manager would be pissed at you. Sell a 32" fully loaded and you are king for a day.

Thats why you can't trust currys, if they know you have 2k to spend they will down sell you on the tv so they have some budget left for the high margin extras.
I know but I had just spent half an hour trying to convince him there was a ZD LG 55eg960v OLED TV and that was the one I would like and that was like speaking to a brick wall, going on about this is an LG expert rep and he doesnt think there is 2 models. In the end I just wanted to shut him up so I bought them, and he gave me this talk how he had seen them at the Gadget show and they were definitely better. I was also having problems connecting the old HDMI 4k cables too and that did solve that problem buying the new ones. I will still try the old ones again though because its hard to tell whether a really cheap cable will be better than a bit more expensive cable. I know that all HDMI cables are the same though but when I told him this he really got stressed out!
regular_smile.gif

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hdmi cable,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet-HIGH-SPEED-Ethernet-Channel-Genuine/dp/B002EA6SSC/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1464172491&sr=8-11&keywords=neet+hdmi+cable

for the money, they are very well made, use good quality plugs, come in non-standard lengths (like 7m) and look and perform like much more expensive cables, also available in black if white is no good for you.

*music2*

Dom

macdiddy said:
Hdmi cable,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet-HIGH-SPEED-Ethernet-Channel-Genuine/dp/B002EA6SSC/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1464172491&sr=8-11&keywords=neet+hdmi+cable

for the money, they are very well made, use good quality plugs, come in non-standard lengths (like 7m) and look and perform like much more expensive cables, also available in black if white is no good for you.

*music2*

Thanks for that. Watched.

Dom

macdiddy said:
Hdmi cable,

*music2*

Bought them. *biggrin*

Edbo2

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
gel said:
I got told off in Currys for saying all HDMI cables were the same!    And get this I ended up buying some more HDMI cables.  £70 for 3.  They do seem to be okay but will be comparing soon.  
Which? Magazine also came to that conclusion.

Dom

DomCheetham said:
macdiddy said:
Hdmi cable,

*music2*

Bought them. *biggrin*

I have just plugged it in and am testing it. I'm afraid off the bat it doesn't quiet match the cable I was using before. It's early days so I may come back saying it's the best cable I have ever used. I just need to watch something to be convinced, I'll try Gravity.

What I am saying is it seems slightly washed out. No effence - I could have chosen anything. *smile*

Dom

DomCheetham said:
DomCheetham said:
macdiddy said:
Hdmi cable,

*music2*

Bought them. *biggrin*

I have just plugged it in and am testing it. I'm afraid off the bat it doesn't quiet match the cable I was using before. It's early days so I may come back saying it's the best cable I have ever used. I just need to watch something to be convinced, I'll try Gravity.

What I am saying is it seems slightly washed out. No effence - I could have chosen anything. *smile*

TBH, I'm finding Gravity amazing to watch, the detail, colour and motion are just extraordinary. Thanks alot.

I guess my old cable had more bite, but I'll get used to this very quickly.

D

Deleted member 2457

Edbo2 said:
gel said:
I also got told in Currys that the Gadget Show proved there was a difference. *smile*

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
gel said:
Edbo2 said:
gel said:
I also got told in Currys that the Gadget Show proved there was a difference. *smile*

Why do you keep going in Currys? I would avoid like the plague.

You believe anything they say?

I just googled Gadget show cables and the only one I found was in 2008: On The Gadget show on Channel 5 this evening, they did a comparison of a £20 v £120 HDMI cable using identical tv's, blu-ray player n disk. It confirmed what has been said on here before that there is absolutely no difference in picture quality between the 2 leads.

D

Deleted member 2457

BigH said:
gel said:
Edbo2 said:
gel said:

Why do you keep going in Currys? I would avoid like the plague.

You believe anything they say?

I just googled Gadget show cables and the only one I found was in 2008: On The Gadget show on Channel 5 this evening, they did a comparison of a £20 v £120 HDMI cable using identical tv's, blu-ray player n disk. It confirmed what has been said on here before that there is absolutely no difference in picture quality between the 2 leads.
I have only been in Currys twice and the second time was to get a refund.
regular_smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts