Google Nexus 4 massive fail...anyone manage to get one???

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello all,

I had been waiting for the Google Nexus 4 phone for about a month now due to it's enticing price and specs as i wanted to ditch my pay as you go phone for a sim only contract but was shocked when after getting up this morning and receiving an email from Google that the phone had sold out before i even got a chance to order one.

For such a huge global company to have under estimated demand is ridiculous and i've been forced to sign up to yet another email list for when it eventually arrives back in stock, did anyone manage to actually grab one of these today?? I've read that everyone had issues with the checkout process with a stupid amount of refreshes needed just to checkout and that it took 15-20mins to actually get through the checkout...quite an epic fail from Google.

I'm now looking at getting something else as my next phone as i'm not prepared to play the waiting game again only to be disappointed yet again when stock eventually arrives back in the UK, very annoyed.

If you were lucky enough to bag one these this morning did you have issues with the checkout process and has your order been confirmed? I'm interested to know of anyones experience, thanks.

daveh75

Managed to order mine after 4/5 attempts, and had order confirmation. Missed out on the Nexus 10 (32GB) though, as kept changing my mind and by the time i decided to order one, they'd gone.

Finding the widespread toy throwing amusing though. It's only a smartphone!!!

D

Deleted member 2457

Looks quite cool and unique, just been doing my research on it. It would make quite a back up phone for me. Most people roll with two phones these days, dont they?

D

Deleted member 2457

daveh75 said:
Mine dispatched today, even though it said it would ship on the15th when i ordered. So will have it sooner than i thought...

Nice one!

D

Deleted member 2457

Did WHF get one for review? Ta. Seeing what is on test next month I reckon it may be a good bet.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
It's good to hear someone got lucky, look forward to hearing your thoughts on it when it arrives. I tried the method outlined in the link but alas to no avail so i presume they are definately out of stock now as the message on the site has changed now to "We are out of inventory. Please check back soon" with no option to add your email address for a stock alert.

Hopefully i get one in time for xmas but i can cope with my HTC Wildfire until then no matter how much i hate it, screen is far to small for my liking and it's ancient tech wise now lol so surfing is a complete no go.

Oldboy said:
It's good to hear someone got lucky, look forward to hearing your thoughts on it when it arrives.

daveh75 said:
Really impressed. Feels better quality than the One X it's replaced, and makes the missus SGS III look and feel like a kiddies toy.
Just been streaming Tron Legacy (1080i recording) and the screen is superb, it doesn't have the 'pop' of One X, but would say the colours are more natural looking.

Being vanilla Android, it feels far slicker to use than the One X.

Used to be a big fan of Sense, but from ICS onwards (and since getting the 7 and now 4) vanilla Android had really improved and there's no need for OEM bloat, custom launchers and ROMs...

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/android/lg-nexus-4-phone-coming-on-oct-29th?page=1

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Thanks bigboss for the link much appreciated.

Makes interesting reading and i'm now even more determined to bag myself a Nexus 4 at the earliest opportunity.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts