Nexus 4 now available to order from Google Play

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello all,

Thought it was worth telling you all that the Nexus 4 is available to order again...finally...for UK customers. Just use the link below to go to the Google Play store, currently delivery is estimated at 1-2 weeks so I just ordered mine at last but now the wait begins. Hope this info is helpful to those (like myself) that have been patiently waiting for Google to sort out the stock issues of the Nexus 4, oh and by the way I had no issues with the checkout procedure like all those that ordered before xmas, it was a smooth transaction.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_16gb

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
If I remember correctly those that ordered before xmas received their phone well before the estimate but some people faced a long wait, hopefully the estimate is more accurate this time so hopefully within a week or two we should receive the phone. Keep me posted if you receive it early and I will do the same.

BTW I forgot to mention that Google will take payment immediately after you order the phone despite what it says on the receipt that they send you, just thought it was worth warning you all in advance as the receipt you get emailed states that payment won't be taken until the item is ready to despatch. That is wrong as in the T&C's it states payment is taken immediately.

daveh75

They don't actually take the money, they request the amount to make sure you have the funds before processing your order. It will reappear in your account within a few days.

At least thats the way it was when i pre-ordered my Nexus 7.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
daveh75 said:
They don't actually take the money, they request the amount to make sure you have the funds before processing your order. It will reappear in your account within a few days.

At least thats the way it was when i pre-ordered my Nexus 7.

Thanks for the info daveh75, I just presumed that the money was taken straight away from how the T&C's are worded but if that's the case then great but I will keep an eye on it. As of now the money has been taken from my account.

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
Oldboy said:
If I remember correctly those that ordered before xmas received their phone well before the estimate but some people faced a long wait, hopefully the estimate is more accurate this time so hopefully within a week or two we should receive the phone. Keep me posted if you receive it early and I will do the same.

BTW I forgot to mention that Google will take payment immediately after you order the phone despite what it says on the receipt that they send you, just thought it was worth warning you all in advance as the receipt you get emailed states that payment won't be taken until the item is ready to despatch. That is wrong as in the T&C's it states payment is taken immediately.

thanks for the heads up on the payment system. I'll let you know when mine arrives. Let the race begin :O

daveh75 said:
The bumper is over priced tat. If you want to protect it, i'd getter proper case.

My brother-in-law had the misfortune of dropping his phone while taking it out of the case. It is a slippery phone. So now I also need a pouch to accommodate the phone with bumper case. Any suggestions?

My wife doesn't like cases which are permanently on the phone. She prefers a pouch.

daveh75

It is a slippery sucker.

The bumper adds a bit of bulk and the pouches i've seen are quite a tight fit so you may struggle to fit it in one with the bumper on.

I put the bumper straight on eBay when I got it, as not confident it would protect it from drops and just bought a gel/silicone skin type cover.

She doesn't like gel cases unfortunately (already have 1). She's usually very good in maintaining phones. Her iphone 4S was sold at a good price as it was in pristine condition with not even a scratch, & she never even had a screen protector on.

I was thinking of cases for slightly larger phones, which can fit the Nexus 4 with bumper. Samsung Galaxy Note maybe? :?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
She doesn't like gel cases unfortunately (already have 1). She's usually very good in maintaining phones. Her iphone 4S was sold at a good price as it was in pristine condition with not even a scratch, & she never even had a screen protector on. I was thinking of cases for slightly larger phones, which can fit the Nexus 4 with bumper. Samsung Galaxy Note maybe? :?

bigboss,

If you find a suitable case could you post the details please? I've been looking at cases on the net but of course it's very difficult to judge them from just a pic and getting a case from a physical retailer has proved tricky as not all retailers even carry the phone let alone cases for it, I don't like the look of the official bumper either as it looks like it offers very little protection for the phone.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
daveh75 said:
My FiL who ordered yesterday (with a delivery estimate of the 13th) has just had a shipping email. So looks Google may have been over cautious with their delivery times....

That's very good news daveh75, many thanks for the heads up. Fingers crossed I get that very same email when I look at my account :pray:

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Thanks dave75. I'll check my sim. Mind you, it may pay me to get a sim only but I think I would loose my number? Only pay £9pm on an old contract.

Faced with the same issue I phoned my provider (Tesco) before I ordered the phone and they are happy to send me a micro sim free of charge and swap my number over to it, also free of charge. The sim would arrive the day after calling them and the number transferred with a few hours, I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was going to be to sort it out so I would suggest you contact your provider.

Even if you went over to a sim only deal you can still take your number with you no matter which network you go to, it's free and takes 24 hours max to complete but everyone I know that have done this has had their number working within a few hours.

RobinKidderminster said:
Thanks. My understanding is that to get a sim only from a contract then to keep Jr number u have to change provider. Hopefully I am wrong since I am happy with three.

No you don't have to change your provider. Speak to Three. Actually, tell them you want to cancel your contract as you're getting a cheaper deal (look for a cheaper deal elsewhere for reference). The "disconnections team" is also know as the retentions team. :)

As long as your contract period is completed that is.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Great news...my Nexus 4 16gb shipped yesterday and is out for delivery today before 6pm! Good service from Google Play and it's great to get the phone much earlier than expected, it also points to anyone who has ordered one getting it much sooner than expected :grin:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts