Going online

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Been using Spotify for the last few days, pretty impressed with it. Decided if I am going to invest any more money in Hi-Fi, it's going to be coming from a PC.

How to do it though? I'm possibly buying a new laptop in next few months so anything particular to go for?

Once I've done that, what equipment is going to give me the best experience?

Using some Diamond 9.1's now so would be good if I could continue with them. Is it just a matter of buying a new amplifier?

Thanks

Rick.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Black Knight:Hi

Been using Spotify for the last few days, pretty impressed with it. Decided if I am going to invest any more money in Hi-Fi, it's going to be coming from a PC.

How to do it though? I'm possibly buying a new laptop in next few months so anything particular to go for?

Once I've done that, what equipment is going to give me the best experience?

Using some Diamond 9.1's now so would be good if I could continue with them. Is it just a matter of buying a new amplifier?

New amp yes.

Get a DAC too. A Beresford TC-7520 or Beresford Caiman (direct from their online shop) or a Cambridge Audio DacMagic, or a Firestone Audio Fubar IV.

Any of these will allow optical and USB connection (just in case your laptop lacks optical digital output).

The advantage of the Beresford and Fubar devices, is that both can be used as good quality headphone amps too.

John Duncan

What Chebby said.

Can vouch for both the DACMagic and Fubar IV, the former owned previously and the latter owned now. Note however that you don't need a DAC, you can just plug your laptop into the amp via a headphone socket (or via an Airport Express, which removes the audio signal from what are often noisy power supplies, and will make it sound better).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts