Gladiator Remastered Blu-ray and Exchange Program

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

roger06:gel:
bryster:What's the turn around on the discs? I sent my over a week ago and have not got anything yet

They said they would have them in about a month's time when they first released their first statement, so i guess a month from then plus a couple of days to a week.
emotion-21.gif

So when's that? The WHF story was 6 Aug so was that the date they announced it?

I wonder how many they'll claim never to have received!

Sent mine recorded delivery just in case !!

Gazuk

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Sent off my old disc and recieved the new one and in my opinion this is what it should have looked like first time around.The image is much more natural and film like with finer detail, colours are warmer and yes there is film grain.This is how a film should look on Blu- Ray Fantastic!!

A

Anonymous

Its too bad they cant be bothered to release it in the shops.

They know there is a problem and people are not happy, yet they still keep selling the old one.

nws56

Oct 4, 2008
Visit site
Mine took a month to turn up. Was always happy with the original , couldn't understand what all the fuss was about with it . But NOW I can see ...... You know , this was a film that I knew backwards , it was so familiar . But now I'm noticing things in the film that weren't obvious before simply because of the marked increase in front to back clarity. It makes the viewing experience so much easier . As for the colours - even in the gloomy opening scene it is now possible to differentiate easily between purple and blue cloaks and between red and maroon banners/flags . In the Colosseum I'm now seeing pink fabrics where there was none before !

Can I encourage readers to write to Universal and thank them for this exchange scheme ? Yes , it is tempting to berate them for the cocked up initial release , but far more productive in the long term to thank them for their efforts in sorting it .

masonica

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Just got mine today and the detail is much sharper always thought the other one was a bit on the soft side. Anyone know how to differentiate between the new versions as in the discs themselves?

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Finally got round to watching it last night and the picture is greatly improved. I'd be repeating the above comments in explaining why but I would say that the gladiator disc is now reference quality (especially when compared to the very average previous disc)

A

Anonymous

The remastered version has been given a review from and the picture was given 5/5. So i will be sending mine in the post back to Universal for the replacement!

D

Deleted member 2457

Panasonic Store:

The remastered version has been given a review and the picture was given 5/5. So i will be sending mine in the post back to Universal for the replacement!

Good work
emotion-21.gif
sounds good.

A

Anonymous

Anyone else still waiting on their copy of gladiator? One of my pals got his back last saturday and was sent at the same time as mine, I'm now getting worried it has gone missing in the post or something cos still no sign of mine.

Dave.

Tonestar1

I don't have a bluray, but if I did and was being very cheeky, is there anything to stop me buying a 2nd hand copy on ebay and sending it away for the remastered version before it's rereleased at a hugely inflated price?

A

Anonymous

Thanks Roger, I'm glad I'm not the only 1 thats not had their copy back yet, though kind of wishing I had sent mine recorded delivery now.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
I send almost everything of value / importance recorded these days. I don't trust the mail and I don't trust companies who can just claim they never received the item in question.

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
Got my copy yesterday, slipped it on straight away.........Now relying on memory, but looks markedly improved........had to sit and watch all the way through then, damn it.....meant to be decorating

A

Anonymous

i recently bought this blu-ray, but how can i tell if its the remastered version? the picture quality is very good, but that could be down to my new tv ..

its a universal release, 2 disc edition.. as shown below.

gladiator.jpg

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:

i recently bought this blu-ray, but how can i tell if its the remastered version? the picture quality is very good, but that could be down to my new tv ..

its a universal release, 2 disc edition.. as shown below.

gladiator.jpg

The link of the review posted by Panasonic Store tells what to look for under screen shots , although I think the new version is only available in the US

I am in the same position having recently bought the steel box version , haven't watched it yet but will look out for the defects that have been reported when I do

http://redirectingat.com/?id=1044X5...//community.whathifi.com/forums/t/470324.aspx

D

Deleted member 2457

Got mine today
emotion-2.gif
emotion-21.gif
I thought we could get an exchange program here, they were naughty not too get it right in the first place.

I look forward to watching it on my new tv whenever that might be.

Excellent outcome
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts