Question Get red of swirls on high gloss speakers?

Tannoy866

Dec 25, 2020
Visit site
I have some swirls on my black high gloss speakers. Is there some product or something to polish them out?

I do have a car detailing electric thing, with pads.... Not sure if that a bit OTT though

Thanks 👍

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I have some swirls on my black high gloss speakers. Is there some product or something to polish them out?

I do have a car detailing electric thing, with pads.... Not sure if that a bit OTT though

Thanks 👍

Generally the things that work on cars will work the same on speakers. :) (depending somewhat on the type of gloss finish). We use car polish, the electric polishers with pads you describe too - just take the same care you would with your car!

D

Deleted member 116933

The lacker on speakers is much thinner than on cars so be very carful. I’d look at autoglyms polish it’s a lot more gental and can be buffed by hand they also sell an abrasive applicator as well

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I am very much in the ‘less is more’ camp when it comes to polishing, because too often more harm than good can be caused. But in case Tannoy886 doesn’t know, AEJim is from Acoustic Energy and has probably forgotten more about loudspeakers than most of us will ever know, so I’d heed his advice.

Totally! Small surface marks can be simply wiped away with a little elbow grease and a soft cloth in many cases. As long as the lacquer is of good quality then car products work surprisingly well on more stubborn marks and light scratches. The electric buffer is at the more extreme end but we've often called it into action on "well used" products we've had in to service.

Just one word of warning - some gloss products, especially at the cheaper end, can be a wrap rather than paint/wood and lacquer, in which case I wouldn't recommend anything more than a light cleaning cloth and some anti-static spray cleaner.

michael hoy

I recommended the Gtechniq one because i have used it for years on my cars and not too long ago on some piano black speakers. it is very mild and a small amount goes a long way. I would say polish by hand rather than a rotary polisher.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts