General 3D and 3D PS3 confusion.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi all.

As some of you will know I'm not interested in 3D for myself. However, I was talking to a friend yesterday and have some questions from him, and a couple of points of interest for me just whilst I'm hear.

My friend has the "fat" PS3 (40 gig) I think, if it matters, Sony DH800 amp and a year or two old budget Panasonic LCD. Now, I'm guessing his amp and TV are not 3D capable(?), but is his PS3?

Looking at the BluRay test in the latest issue of the mag, some of them are emblazoned with "Full HD 1080p" and "3D". I'm very confused by the former (BluRay is a 1080p medium afterall) and a little confused by the latter. Back in teh day, cheap home stereo was sold with CDR/RW in teh spec, often when it did not need to be as most "stereos" were CDR capable at least. Is 3D a bit like that or do you really need 3D capable gear? Or is it dependant on which bit of gear you are talking about (amp, player, screen...)?

I do hope I've made some sense, any help gratefully received.

A

Anonymous

From my understanding, the Fat PS3 is 3D capable made possible through the firmware updates and the fact that the PS3 uses the 8 core processors to do the 3D magic whereas trad blu ray players rely on chips because they don't have the processor if this makes any sense?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts