Furutech FP-314ag power cords

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Has anyone ever tried the furutech FP-314ag power cords and compared it with any other cords. I found it quite dynamic, detailed and open however without burn in a little forward in the mids. Its silver plated copper so i suspect it will take a while to burn in? Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Steve.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Not tried it myself but speaking from personal experience ANYTHING thats silver or silver plated takes months of 'burn in' (And they tend to get worse at first then slowly get better and better)

A

Anonymous

While i can understand new equipment may need a burn in period,although still not convinced,can someone explain how cables need a burn in period,different cables have different inductance etc due to silver/copper or the thickness of said cables or even the length of run,but burn in,i,m still not convinced,please explain.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
No clue about the science behind it. But silver has always taken an age to 'bed in' whenever ive tried it. Copper less so, but still takes a while (Or maybe its the equipment itself that acclimatises to it?)

Russ Andrews has measurably proven that braided cables do reduce mains bourne RFI though

Ive personally tested loads of cables (mains, interconnects etc), with varying degrees of success

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
I think you have answered your own question, if you are happy with what you are hearing/seeing keep hold, i think there are alot of cables out there more so than ever, alot of makers trying to jump on the band wagon so to speak, so be careful when buying, if you can buy and try first this a good way to go, cos if you dont like it send it back, i have not heard of said cable but as i said if you are happy with the results then that is all that matters [isnt it]
emotion-21.gif

Andy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts