front left speaker crackling/buzzing..........

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Yesterday I moved my equipment about and now my front left speaker is giving off a noise like a buzzing/crackle. It only happens when I have my speakers working with my AV receiver (connected to my stereo amp via pre outs). The cable (Odyssey 4) sits over numerous other cables before reaching the 840A. Could this be the cause, interference from the other electrics?

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Yes, it's quite likely to be the cables - power, speaker, interconnects. I had the problem the other day and it was one of the interconnect cables. Tidy them up as much as you can. Also, the standard I.T. trick is useful to bear in mind : "If in doubt, plug it out". Plugging cables out makes it easier to unravel them and also ensures the the connections are not loose. Worked for me, hope it works for you to.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
mikegtar:Yes, it's quite likely to be the cables - power, speaker, interconnects. I had the problem the other day and it was one of the interconnect cables. Tidy them up as much as you can. Also, the standard I.T. trick is useful to bear in mind : "If in doubt, plug it out". Plugging cables out makes it easier to unravel them and also ensures the the connections are not loose. Worked for me, hope it works for you to.

Cheers. All sorted now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts