Friends & Family - Sky Upgrade to Sky+ / HD

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
I think I've mentioned previously that in the past couple of months Sky employees have had a friends & family code allowing them to invite new customers to Sky for a large reduction in the initial (sky box) and monthly (package) payments.

There is now a new code that is available to Sky employees that enables CURRENT Sky subscribers to upgrade; Sky - Sky+ / Sky+ - SkyHD. I've just got Sky HD for an overall cost of £135; 75 for the box and 60 installation. Considering I was going to pay £310 a couple of months ago and then £210 this month, I think this is a bit of a bargain.

The only problem people may have is knowing someone who works for Sky! Thought I'd put it out there anyway, it may be of use to a few people

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Don't get Sky, get Freesat.

I'd prefer to get the HD movies and sports, thanks for the offer though!

Also, if you have friends who don't have Sky, there's a similar offer here for new customers

http://friend.sky.com/

John Duncan

Andy Grange:JohnDuncan:Don't get Sky, get Freesat.

Also, if you have friends who don't have Sky, there's a similar offer here for new customers

(fingers in ears lalalalalala)

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:(fingers in ears lalalalalala)

Quite!

I have to admit I've had many arguments with Sky in the past 2 or 3 months, it's been something of a journey trying to get HD on the cheap. As much as Sky have the monopoly and continue to charge (comparatively to freesat) through the nose, I think the offers above are finally bringing their HD service into a more affordable and realistic price point.

A

Anonymous

I already have sky but my contract period ended years ago. Do you know if its possible for me to cancel my subscription then get a friend to implement the deal where we both get the HD box for £75 or do Sky have a system in place to stop people doing this?

Thanks

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I know someone at SKY who gave me the appropriate code and I almost ordered my 2nd HD box for the bedroom - right up until they wanted a further £10/month for the 2nd HD box! I already have multiroom but apparently multiroom does not cover an HD subscription. Subsequently didnt buy the 2nd box even though it was only £75. Would have gotten free installation too - that was only a box swap right enough as I already have Sky+ in the bedroom and therefore the necessary cabling.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

How did you manage to get the free (self) installation. I just phoned them up and they said they would not do this. I would pay the £150 for the box but theres no way im going to pay someone £60 to come in and swap 2 boxes over.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Andy Grange:JohnDuncan:Don't get Sky, get Freesat.

(fingers in ears lalalalalala)

Wait til the Premiership restarts John!!

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
I'm not sure if im supposed to post up here this so i'll apologise now. If I recomend someone to sky that person and I will each get a Sky HD box for £75. I think you would have to be a new customer. Who's interested?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts