Freeview HD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
An easy question for those in the know. I got a new HD Ready tv (Samsung LE32A436T) with Freeview built in about 6 months ago. A mate of mine has said that the inbuilt tuner will not receive Freeview HD. How do I find out if this is the case. I have studied the manual and find no reference to freeview specifically, it just said digital channels. We do not yet have Freeview HD transmitted in my area so its not a case of retune and see just yet. Any help appreciated.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
as above - as far as i am aware the first freeview hd tuners in the uk have only just been released this month

the reason for confusion is if you live in europe - not uk - they use a different system to ours and the freeview tvs can pick up hd channels but we over here have decided to go for a DVB-T2 tuners to pick up hd channels which is different to the freeview tuners DVB-T so a new set top box or tv is required

I just bought the sony kdl37ex403u which does have the DVB-T2 tuner built in and I'm already enjoying freeview hd! only certain areas of the country at the min can get it so also check on the freeview website if you are planning on buying any new kit

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys....Unlikely I'll be investing in a new box. Quite happy with the picture I get at the moment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts