Freeview HD/streaming/catch up solution

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Without changing TV(Panny TH37PX80) or receiver (Onk 606) but possibly changing DVD player/recorder ( Panny DMR EX79) I would like to get Freeview HD, stream my music into the living room from the network into the Onk , get catch up TV (min ITV player and BBC but if poss 4/5 OD) - all this with one box if possible. The Samsung 8500 looks possible but I cannot see what catch up is available/coming. The Boxee box looks great but no live HD just catch up

Any other solutions I am missing.

Budget £300 - bit more if I sell the Panny.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy said:
Without changing TV(Panny TH37PX80) or receiver (Onk 606) but possibly changing DVD player/recorder ( Panny DMR EX79) I would like to get Freeview HD, stream my music into the living room from the network into the Onk , get catch up TV (min ITV player and BBC but if poss 4/5 OD) - all this with one box if possible. The Samsung 8500 looks possible but I cannot see what catch up is available/coming. The Boxee box looks great but no live HD just catch up

Any other solutions I am missing.

Budget £300 - bit more if I sell the Panny.

What format are your music files in?

I think you're going to struggle to find something which will do all of this - it's something of a holy grail from what I've seen. The PS3 will do most things (depending on what format your music is in), including all the catch up channels, but doesn't have Freeview HD (just standard Freeview through the PlayTV accessory).

Another option is the Humax HDR-FOX T2 - again, it will stream music from a DLNA compatible NAS (depending on the format) and also has Freeview HD and BBC iPlayer. It does have an internet portal, but whether ITV Player or C4 / C5 OD will ever come to it I can't tell you at the moment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts