Freeview HD Box or new Panasonic DVD Recorder

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm thinking of purchasing some sort of HD source for the upcoming F1 season and need a little help on what would be the best way.

I currently have and use a Sony Sony RDR-HXD560 Hard Disk recorder of which I commit to disc plenty of programmes. Would I be able to just simply purchase a Humax Freeview box (without Hard disc) and run it through the Sony recorder and still recieve HD channels, I know recording HD won't be possible but I could live without that if it's feesible. Or should I just spend a £400 on a new Panaonic Freeview HD recorder and pass the Sony onto my mother and father?

Sky's a no-no (hard pushed finding anything decent on limted amount of Freeview channels let alone the amount of umpteen tat on satelitte) so no sales pitches thanks.

By the way liking the new forum layout, finally got a picture on my profile! :)

Steve.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi Steve,

I'd say it depends how easy you want your life to be! You can as you say, just get a standard Freeview HD PVR box and then connect this in to your existing Sony via SCART. You can use the Sony to record the programs on the Freeview box. I've not used the Sony, but I'm guessing this will be quite a manual process in getting the recording (i.e. cueing up the program on whatever Freeview HD box you choose, getting the Sony up and running and ready to record from the SCART input, pressing play on the Freeview HD and record on the Sony, then waiting for playback to finish and stopping the recording). Compared to just getting the all-in-one Panasonic box (which I've also not used!), I'm guessing this will be a bit time consuming and long winded, but certainly cheaper!

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Cheers, prof. Love the pic.
smiley-sealed.gif
Panasonic on the cards.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts