Freesat versus Freeview HD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Am planning to buy either a Freesat box or a Freeview HD box (soon to be on sale). Can anyone tell me what the merits of both is in terms of the content offered? I noticed that Freesat doesn't seem to have Virign 1 available, but I didn't know if there were any worthy channels on Freesat that wouldn't be available on Freeview HD. And also wondered whether Freesat would have more HD material as it isn't limited by bandwidth in the way that a TV aerial broadcast would be.

Any wisdom on the matter gratefully received!

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I'm interest too so *bump for the OP as my Sky 12 month contract is up soon.

whiskywheels

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Hope this is helpful; I have a TV with a built in Freeview reciever, and also have a Humax HD freesat PVR. The picture quality with freesat is better than the freeview picture, and in fact the freesat picture is better than my old Sky+ box. I think freesat has a few more channels than freeview (things like E4+1 if I remember correctly), but they're broadly similar, and of course you can check by looking at the Freeview and Freesat websites.

We chose freesat because we wanted to keep the live pause and recording functions that we had with Sky +, and with the Humax box you also get HD when available. Freesat is growing all the time, and they're currently running a beta of BBC iplayer which adds a whole load of extra programmes. We find it all works very well, and don't miss Sky at all, especially the monthly bill of £38.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts