Freesat in Europe?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have a question which I hope might be relevant at some point for a number of forum users given that increasingly people are moving abroad with their jobs etc. 

I am in the process of moving to Denmark and am also in the market for a new plasma TV.

I am wondering if anyone can offer any advice on the best way to ensure that I can receive UK television channels while living in Denmark, or in Europe in general. 

It has occurred to me that if I buy a TV with integrated Freesat tuner, I might be able to receive BBC and ITV free satellite channels while in Europe, if I point the satellite dish in the right direction.  Can anyone throw any light on this?  I am looking at the Panasonic plasma TVs with integrated Freesat tuners and wondering if they will do the job for me.

Similarly, I have heard that it is possible to receive Sky broadcasts in Europe with a Sky box, although of course you can only take out the Sky subscription while living at a UK address.

Finally, TVs are considerably cheaper in the UK than in Denmark.  Does anyone know whether a modern UK plasma TV will work out of the box in Denmark, or in Europe in general?  The voltage is the same, so it's presumably down to the way TV broadcasts are encoded and decoded.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer. 

nads

the TV should work fine, when going through the set up menus you should be able to chose the country. Integrated tuner.... i think you will have problems getting any local channels and if you could get UK i am not sure. When up my box there was no option to chose UK as i think the digi transmissions in the UK are a different type. Dont know how Denmark is for digi transmissions but here in Sweden there is no longer any Analogue transmissions. If i was in the position to be buying another Expensive TV i would still buy it in Sweden. a cheap one maybe i would have a punt at a UK one. Re UK TV subscribe or just wait for it to appear on Danish/Swedish TV.

A

Anonymous

I read somewhere that if instead of doing an automatic tune on freesat boxes you do a manual tune yourself you can pick a lot more stations from around europe, my point being that it should work from other countries too, ie manual tune in denmark may get many uk channels, anyone tried this/know if it's true?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts