Forum traffic

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

AJM1981

I am not in my 50s but I feel old reading this

What we might forget is that loads of young people start producing music and it is easier than in the old days. And for that you need stereo monitors. So the assumption that young kids are not getting exposed to good Hifi is not completely true. It is probably that they care more about experiencing the music itself than letting the experience depend on whatever system they have. I have been there, my old crappy boom box was not the same compared to my current speakers. I have enjoyed music on the most crappy systems. The time they are treating systems like fine wine and nerd about a system, rather than about the artist and their experiences with friends has yet to come.

Also the channels young people are on online are not the same as the elderly. That has always been the same in comparable ways given any random subjects.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 196519

Andrew put me in the mag for question of the month in the forums and I won a HDMI cable. Thanks to Clare for doing Fantasy football I won the monthly prize 3D glasses and a football joke book. I was suppose to get a single of JD in his band Waxed but JD was a busy man. :)

Reactions: AJM1981
D

Deleted member 196519

I was also in Home Cinema Choice mag too for the question are Panasonic plasmas black levels are as good as Pioneer plasmas?

D

Deleted member 196480

Not much forum traffic here anymore compared to olden days ...

Not a good idea digging up 5 year old threads......

D

Deleted member 196519

Andrew is writing reviews for HiFi news magazines!

I didn’t know this but just received an email from eBay about an old HiFi news mag which reviewed the Pioneer Susano Sc-lx90 amp. Just had a look at the contents of the mag and it looked really good! I think I might subscribe to it and see how it goes. Has anyone else come across this mag and what do you think to it? Thanks

D

Deleted member 196519

I didn’t know this but just received an email from eBay about an old HiFi news mag which reviewed the Pioneer Susano Sc-lx90 amp. Just had a look at the contents of the mag and it looked really good! I think I might subscribe to it and see how it goes. Has anyone else come across this mag and what do you think to it? Thanks
I reckon this mag is where the Reavon X200 4K Blu-ray player review came from!

D

Deleted member 196519

Gray

Has anyone else come across this mag and what do you think to it?
... :LOL:I first came across it in 1971 gel, 50 years ago when it cost 20p per issue , been reading it on and off ever since.

Could be a bit dangerous for you - if it inspires spending sprees as they feature more upmarket gear - which is why I prefer HFChoice, which is just a (little) bit more real-world.

HFNews is the world's oldest hi-fi magazine.

D

Deleted member 196519

... :LOL:I first came across it in 1971 gel, 50 years ago when it cost 20p per issue , been reading it on and off ever since.

Could be a bit dangerous for you - if it inspires spending sprees as they feature more upmarket gear - which is why I prefer HFChoice, which is just a (little) bit more real-world.

HFNews is the world's oldest hi-fi magazine.
Thanks mate. (y)

Reactions: Gray

buzz_lightclick

How come you are so interested in the Susano review Gel, I thought you hated the amp when you had it briefly?

D

Deleted member 196519

How come you are so interested in the Susano review Gel, I thought you hated the amp when you had it briefly?
I loved the whole generation of products from Pioneer that year. I suspect the Susano I bought was fautly. Can’t prove it but lots of second hand items aren’t up to snuff from my personal experience. I didn’t like the 91 Blu-ray player from Pioneer too or the Pioneer 5090 plasma I bought second hand. Still love the products from demos I have had.

Reactions: buzz_lightclick

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Andrew did a very in depth review of the Naim Supernat2 amp, it was nearly like a University thesis, which not only included info as to the differences between Supernait2 and the Supernait amp as to looks, build, features and sound quality, but also detailed photos of the two amps highlighting the differences in appearance. No mention of bluetooth, televisions, iphones, tablets and smartphones; heaven...

Dom

Andrew Everard is an exceptional writer and I enjoyed his participation in the forums, even though he called me a troll.

Well, I was complaining about the words What Hifi used to describe the sound of speakers and Andrew said that I was the definiton of a troll.

Its not wine tasting man.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 196519

Andrew Everard is an exceptional writer and I enjoyed his participation in the forums, even though he called me a troll.

Well, I was complaining about the words they used to describe the sound of speakers and he said that I was the definiton of a troll.

Its not wine tasting man.
He certainly was one of a kind in the way he moderated this site.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts