Forum traffic

shadders

Nov 19, 2009
Hi,
There are other forums just as bad.

It does take time for a forum to recover after it was ceased.

This forum does had a distinct advantage that there is no shilling, and does not rely upon paying trade members.

Regards,
Shadders.

Maybe the two way stereo system is in decline. Just look at the contents of What HiFi magazine half of the contents is devoted to TV's, its become such a boring read....
I don't actually buy it anymore but feel I can still contribute on this forum , at least when it comes to stereo and vinyl, which seems reasonably busy.

Reactions: AJM1981

gel

Sep 24, 2021
It's the KEF LS50's fault. It is destroying audio forums... :sneaky:
I think you are onto something there Sid. I nearly gave up on wireless speakers because of them! Now I have discovered that the likes of B&W are really good at making them.

Wil

May 8, 2020
It's the KEF LS50's fault. It is destroying audio forums... :sneaky:
Ouroboros, more or less? As you'd surly know.

I think you are onto something there Sid. I nearly gave up on wireless speakers because of them! Now I have discovered that the likes of B&W are really good at making them.
You've reminded me that this was a fun read:

Reactions: gel

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
I blame Amazon and Sonus....partly, young kids nowadays think a echo plus or play thingy jig is a hi-fi......some even play music through the speakers on their phones.... and think it sounds fine.....they're just not interested in this type of tech.aarrggghhh.

Wil

May 8, 2020
We can choose to view a-lack-of-traffic as a good thing, in that people are happily content (ignorant of quality or not), spending time with their Hi-Fi.

If strictly in terms of being social, it-is-what-it-is. Attrition defines us regulars/survivors?

gel

Sep 24, 2021
Ouroboros, more or less? As you'd surly know.

You've reminded me that this was a fun read:
I can’t remember reading that before so thanks!

Reactions: Wil
I think Facebook groups have taken over forums nowadays. People are always on it, so it’s easy to be part of Facebook groups as they appear in their thread - no need to open another all or a browser to go and look. Personally I prefer forums, as it’s far easier to find older threads and specific threads you’re looking for - Facebook just jumbles them all up, whether you choose most recent, date order or whatever. And forums aren’t selling your personal data.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts