FORUM - TIME TO MAKE A STAND

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I see we're under attack from spammers again, this time new user 'williamhawk' and his various posts which look innocuous until you open them and realise they're just disguised spam with embedded links.

Genuine members can't post, or don't see new posts on threads, or have to be added to some kind of approved list before their posts appear, while spammers run free to do whatever they want. But it's not just the spam. That's just a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself. I've had enough of this forum being under-resourced and under-managed.

Time to make a stand, gentlemen. And the only way to do it is if we all agree to boycot the forum, effectively withdrawing our freely volunteered services until someone at Haymarket Towers who's actually on the payroll (unlike us) sees fit to supply the appropriate resources to moderate and run this forum properly. Seeing it rot through willful neglect is painful to watch.

In terms of members, this forum has about a dozen core contributors, plus about as many who post irregularly. If at least the core dozen agreed to make a stand, maybe someone with the ability to infuence things for the better would take notice. But it won't work if it's just me.

Who's with me?

(cross posted to the HiFi section on account of few people look here)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts