A Thankyou to this forum

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello Ladies and Gents :)

I thought as i had used this forum to do some research on what tv to purchase i would offer my thanks to the members who contribute and to Clare,Andrew and the staff who make this happen.

I decided to buy a new tv about 3 weeks ago,had a look around afew shops but i dont trust sales staff speak being an ex sales staff person of cameras i know what bull can come out at times lol plus you can never tell how things are set up in shops,well i cant anyway :) I wasnt sure what i wanted,originally thinking of lcd,i looked at afew online stores and came across this forum in a search. I had a good read for about a week changing my mind to plasma,then decided to go for a panasonic 42PX80B,ordered it online just over 2weeks ago for £710,think theyve come down already lol

It arrived thursday but i was late home from college and had some work to do so i had to sit with the huge box staring at me,hardly fair :) eventually got home friday evening and got it all set up,turned it all off the dynamic picture settings and turned down contrast and brightness and got paranoiod about not watching the freeview channels that show there name in the first evening lol Im by far an expert and over the years havnt minded bad quality things aslong as its watchable, i dont tend to watch much tv, only saturday afternoon horse racing,sometimes its on for background noise,ill watch the odd old video tape and the occasional film on dvd but mostly the xbox 360 is on :) i thought id give my opinion of the tv as an average person not into or havnt got a clue about all the 24ps and upscalling this or whatever else is going on :) any person like me would be over the moon,im well happy with it,i even watched some tv program i wouldnt even dream of watching as everything looked so good,the analogue mode is brilliant,i cant really tell the difference between analogue and digital well not at the moment while watching the golf :) they are both excellent and im getting lost in the size and colours :) i played a standard dvd through it which was excellent until my old dvd player has decided to break down so ill be searching for one of those next :) the horse racing on ch4 saturday looked fantastic,popped my xbox 360 in using the component cable and wow,i had an old 28 panasonic tv previously and this just looks so much better,for tv viewing im sat about 3metres away,for gaming im about 1metre away,forza 2 with 360 steering wheel and pedals,sat in a chair like an arcade but 100 times better,the cars look so much better and the detail really comes out well,i turned all the hud displays off,no speedo,times etc just incase i get some retention and you can see everything so clearly. I tried assassins creed today and that again looks incredible :) iv never watched a tv loud so cant judge the speakers but to me everything seems great for tv and gaming :)

Im just an average joe but to me anyone thinking of buying one of these will be over the moon,iv not fiddled with colours and what not apart from the being careful initially settings,i dont feel i need to as it all looks great as it came :) Experts can probably see things that i cant and perhaps there is something better in this price range but from my point of view i cant see how anything could be better :)

Thanks again to everyone :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts