Forum threads are getting boring

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just lately the threads on the hifi forum are getting really tedious all i seem to read is a lot of bitching going on people accusing certain hifi retailers of just trying to sell certain products for there own gain :? . and then theres a certain hifi retailer always criticising another certain retailer which to be honest is not helpful and really pi--es me off :shame: . Mr hifix your probably the only hifi retailer that i believe to be honest about your findings and NOT trying to sell a any particular product just very helpful. so come on members lets get back to helping those who are asking for help and stick to the subject. 80s boy

char_lotte

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
80s boy said:
Just lately the threads on the hifi forum are getting really tedious all i seem to read is a lot of bitching going on people accusing certain hifi retailers of just trying to sell certain products for there own gain :? . and then theres a certain hifi retailer always criticising another certain retailer which to be honest is not helpful and really pi--es me off :shame: . Mr hifix your probably the only hifi retailer that i believe to be honest about your findings and NOT trying to sell a any particular product just very helpful. so come on members lets get back to helping those who are asking for help and stick to the subject. 80s boy

Agree

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Thats so easy to say....

Try generating some interesting threads or offer some interesting insight into a few topics - I mean you think this is an exciting or interesting opening post that'll generate an interesting thread?

Have you read the opening post - its rubbish!

A

Anonymous

Im not going to input on a thread just to make it interesting I'm going to offer input if i personally think its going to help the original question and thats where my issue is with these threads they seem to go off the subject and thats what gets up my nose

regards 80s boy

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
Yaaaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnn!!!!!!

And you talk about boring threads........ :doh:

Totally agree. If there's nothing more boring than a boring thread, it's a thread telling everyone how boring the threads are getting. Next someone will be telling us that this comment is even more boring than the boring thread that was complaining about boring threads. Then someone will come along and complain that the complaint about the boring response to the complaint about boring threads is even more boring than the boring complaint about boring threads....

Where will it ever end! Please for the sake of the children! Move along, nothing to see here!

But in the end, you say potato and I say potato* (doesn't really work in writing mind). One man's meat is another man's poison etc etc. For you, it may be boring, for others it may be inspirational. Much like the Spice Girls....

*or was that tomato? Can't really remember.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
80s boy said:

I don't know so much hi-fi wise or tv wise nor a heck of other 'wises' but the main thing I get from this forum is stupendous advice and anything I'm not too sure about I'll google or say so..... I recon that the What Hi-Fi forum is one of the Best in the World for getting advice about SO many different things/features from real nice folk with so many insights.... that it is in fact.... in a class of it's own.

I think the site is a smashing place for advice on SO many things.

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
This forum is moderated and I would suggest; generally fairly (I speak as an ex-temporarily banned member). It's their call so if you don't like something, complain (as per rules)/ignore/leave.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
80s boy said:

Unfortunately, its part and parcel of forums 80's boy. People get jealous, then have digs. People reading form opinions and take sides and it builds from there.

I don't mind if another retailer takes a pop at me - I can handle that - and I'll give as good as I get. What I dislike is when non retail forum members join in the criticisms. Especially those who have never met me, never been to the store even, they just join in because they do their buying at another retailer. I spend a lot of time on here to help people - and much of my own free time as well (which I don't get paid for), because I enjoy helping people. I've been doing it for 6 years, so no amount of 'having a go' is going to make me want to give it up. Sorry.

If people think I'm doing this in order to live in the lap of luxury, they're sadly mistaken.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Alantiggger said:
80s boy said:

I don't know so much hi-fi wise or tv wise nor a heck of other 'wises' but the main thing I get from this forum is stupendous advice and anything I'm not too sure about I'll google or say so..... I recon that the What Hi-Fi forum is one of the Best in the World for getting advice about SO many different things/features from real nice folk with so many insights.... that it is in fact.... in a class of it's own.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
80s boy said:

Unfortunately, its part and parcel of forums 80's boy. People get jealous, then have digs. People reading form opinions and take sides and it builds from there.

I don't mind if another retailer takes a pop at me - I can handle that - and I'll give as good as I get. What I dislike is when non retail forum members join in the criticisms. Especially those who have never met me, never been to the store even, they just join in because they do their buying at another retailer. I spend a lot of time on here to help people - and much of my own free time as well (which I don't get paid for), because I enjoy helping people. I've been doing it for 6 years, so no amount of 'having a go' is going to make me want to give it up. Sorry.

If people think I'm doing this in order to live in the lap of luxury, they're sadly mistaken.

I've watched... and listened, now there goes an honest man. (hopefully not the last)

A

Anonymous

I'd like to jump into this one too. If its boring, find another crew (my street talk for another forum)!

we all need the retailers on here as they have the largest experience out of any of us. Charlatan dealers are spotted a mile off and i have only seen three contributing consistently and they only contribute good advice. I haven't seen these three get into tit tats either. David's old school on here as is rick from Music craft, and a very revered dealer from Scotland home cinema centre has got involved too.

for what it's worth, this forum is very open, friendly and there is no cliques. I've no time for hifi snobbery that does exist on other forums. The editors also wade in and they're characters too. All in all, you get a great mix.

BUT, cables are the big trouble maker for every forum and slagging off mains cables is BORING.

danrv

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
[/quote]

Next someone will be telling us that this comment is even more boring than the boring thread that was complaining about boring threads. Then someone will come along and complain that the complaint about the boring response to the complaint about boring threads is even more boring than the boring complaint about boring threads....

[/quote]

:grin:

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
More.pix and less full quotes. Sadly kinda agree right now. Also think guidlines would help like giving info about room & layout and partner kit when posters aak questions but give too little info to be able to gice any useful advice/opinion. Always a useful resource tho. If whf want ro keep readers/happy maybe the forum would be a good place to look? Dare I mention blind testing? More enthusiasts reviews? Breakfast ..... now thats interesting ......

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Alantiggger said:

Usually as long as it is kept 'simple' or non-technical ... also known as subjective. Nothing wrong with that but there is another side to it, usually the one that explains why things are the way they are. If you ask, the likelyhood is that even here, you will get your answer but this is more mainstream hifi/AV and mostly directed at first time buyers or people that dont want to get into the nitty gritty of designs. There are other, more informative places for the rest but with it, focus can shift (pro-audio/actives or DIY).

regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts