Forum functionality

A couple of things that might be of interest to some (though probably not!):

If you are a little OCPD and prefer 'tidiness', there is a tab on the left sidebar (if you scroll down) labelled 'Mark forums read', which will do just that for all sub-forums.

You can change the forum appearance by clicking on the 'What hifi' logo at the bottom right of the page - there is a 'dark' forum option as well as the standard light.

It may well be that everyone already knows these sorts of things, and that I am late to the party...

Reactions: Al ears

WayneKerr

Wish I could permanently dip all the new headlights that dazzle me.
As for those sitting at traffic lights, foot on brake, LED brakelights glaring needlessly 🤬
Couldn't agree more, Gray, they are a pita and dazzle the hell out of me. HID and LED lights should be banned. Also, people using rear fog lamps when it's raining is a pet hate of mine - there's a clue in the name, "fog" lights, not rain lights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gray

nads

Monkey, put a suggestion to the owners that they disable profile update for members until they reach a certain level.
they are just full of spam, dodgy links and god knows what. I would report them all but I don’t have the time or interest in doing so. Also you mods should not need to do this if Future actually think about how they are doing things. Not that I would hold out much hope for that.

Monkey, put a suggestion to the owners that they disable profile update for members until they reach a certain level.
they are just full of spam, dodgy links and god knows what. I would report them all but I don’t have the time or interest in doing so. Also you mods should not need to do this if Future actually think about how they are doing things. Not that I would hold out much hope for that.
I'd disagree - they've been pretty receptive to helping, as evidenced by changes thus far. I sorry to say that I don't know what you mean by profile update - if you can enlighten me, I'll look at it.

Press “What’s new” then you will see five headings above the first post.
I don't see anything above the first post, although if you click on the profile tab two further to the left, it's full of spam. If so, maybe avoid that tab? There isn't time to delete them all, and they aren't making it to the forum proper - unless I am missing something. If you see spam under the 'what's new?' tab, can you take a screenshot?

Cheers.

nads

That's what I was thinking - in which case perhaps easiest just to look at the 'what's new?' and latest post tabs. I'd thought he was suggesting that spam was appearing there, which I don't see.
And that is what I mean. Ok the fist few are legitimate members but scroll on a bit and it is adverts for weighbridges, Dubai renovation companies, coledge courses all over the world and more

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts