Focal Aria Dilemma

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

gasolin

Seems most Focals have this stupid dip in impedance... just saying look at Sopras

I guess you need to use 2 ohm stable amps with some focal speakers

417FSop3fig1.jpg

gasolin

Focal Arial is a high end speaker and you do want to use a good amp

Nad amps are rated at 2 ohm and older denon amps like Denon PMA-300-900v are rated at 2 ohm, i don't see why you have to use a high end several £1000 amp, even a less than 300 euro Crown XLS 1002 can handle 2 ohm even cheaper behringer amps are 2 ohm stable

Hegel H190 are rated down to 2 ohm, 1 ohm it totally fails 60 watt, 2 ohm almost 700 watt https://www.hegel.com/images/reviews/H190hifinewsuk.pdf

My point is there is alot of amps that can handle 2 ohm loads and it doesn't have to be super expensive, any god amp 15-20 kg £1500-2000 amp woulb be able to handle focal arial like Hegel H190, denon -2500NE nad C388..... would do the job

insider9

It's not that I dont want to. But looking at Aria range it seems the same issue arises. Thats just not good engineering. With Sopra they effectively dip lower than 2 Ohms. And no, trust me your last paragraphs certainly doesn't apply to Sopras if you want them driven properly at reasonable volume. For Arias maybe. It is crazy to have a minimum requirement to spend more on an amp than speakers because of how they are designed.

Reactions: eazyryder

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts