Focal 806 vs B&W 685 s2

criant

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello Guys,I would buy the speakers from stand to combine with anthem mrx 310 for a future home theatre system and nad 326 bee integrated, cd player marantz CD6005

witch of these speakers is better for me?

The music i listen to is mostly rock, and I prefer sound very detailed and brilliant.

thanks for your consideration

criant

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I listen only the b&w 685s2 with nad 326bee.

very good sound but i'm intrigued by the focal

Has anyone been able to compare?

thanks

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
criant said:
I listen only the b&w 685s2 with nad 326bee.

very good sound but i'm intrigued by the focal

Has anyone been able to compare?

thanks

Was there anything that you felt was particularly missing with the sound that you heard with the B&Ws?

Happy_Listner

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I have owned the Focal 806v speakers in the past. I was using an Arcam A70 with them. As good as the B&W's 685's are the Focal 806v's are better speakers. They have a tight fast bass and a very detailed and brilliant treble that you are looking for.

Happy_Listner

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I owned the Focal 806v and have heard many times in a store the B&W 685 S2's. The B&W's are great speakers but I think the Focals are a bit better overall. Where I live the Focals retail for $1000 and the B&W's retail for $650. So here they not really even in the same class.

If you like detail and brilliance in the treble then the inverted Focal dome tweeter has an advantage over the B&W's tweeter.

The Focals are faster sounding, a little more open with a wider soundstage.

For the price the B&W's are very good. They have a nice musicality about them. There is a reason they get such great reviews. You can't go wrong with either of those speakers but for what you are looking for I beieve you would enjoy the Focal's more.

TRENDING THREADS