Floorstanders or Subwoofer?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

my sub is set very low and so is almost inactive for the majority of my mostly classical listening but when the mood takes me and it's time for D.I.V. ,Pixies or Leftfield it really shines.

I had an mk sub,didn't like it at all,far too complicated.

A

Anonymous

Cheers for the all the help.

I'll be auditioning very soon, although I must say I'm slightly biased towards a sub now, having heard some of your experiences!

A

Anonymous

I like the idea of powerful bass integrated into the rest of the frequencies hence that is why I love floorstanders whereas with a sub woofer, it's independent and just doesn't sound as natural in my opinion. In addition to which the idea of changing the bass settings according to any given music and mine is quite varied, just doesn't appeal to me.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to dig up old thread but I have similar situation to yours; was thinking of adding an ASW610 to some existing 685's to suit both music and movies. What did you go for in the end and how has it worked out?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts