Floorstanders for Creek Destiny Integrated Amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am considering changing my speakers (Dali Ikon 6) as these are too bright with certain CDs with the Creek Destiny amp. Source is a Musical Fidelity DAC (A3.24). I am considering Monitor Audio, Quad and B&W. Destiny owners please feel free to give your recommendations. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

For my money get the BW 704 or CM7, depending on what you want to spend.

A

Anonymous

You owe it to yourself to listen to the Focal Chorus range, model depending on budget. Outstanding sound and value for money, I've heard these with an all Creek setup several times and they are great! Focal speakers are very revealing across the range so show up substandard kit. Fortunately with decent kit (E.g. Creek) they really do work very well indeed.

John Duncan

My experience is with a Classic, which I found a little more relaxing than the Destiny (though there wasn't much in it), and can highly recommend PMC - if you *must* have a floorstander, then I think the GB1i is the one. You should consider some top-notch standmounters though.......

A

Anonymous

I would forget about B&W ......you are about to make your ears bleed. I am using classic 5350se and went through a lot to find good speakers to get along with creek electronics. All creeks gears are bright and that is the reason why many people are very dissapointed with them. I am currently using Arcam CD192 with creek classic and all my cables are from Cardas Quadlinks (the warmest cable I have a chance to audit and I audit many, many pairs....) that feed signal to my Spendor S5e. Some guys say that Destiny sounds excellent with Monitor Audio SR6 - but I have never had a chance to try this combo......

TRENDING THREADS